Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Throttle

Todd

the only problem in having with the 520 is while running and working is that the throttle keeps falling down so i have to keep moving it up to keep the power up.There is no oil or grease on the pinion to the cable.Any low cost ideas on how to fix it ? Cut out a peice of hard rubber and drill a slot over the throttle bar to pin it up against the plate so it wont fall ?Any ideas ?

• Like 1

wallfish

I'm not familiar with the 520 throttle but there has to be a screw or a rivet at the pivot point of it. I think it's a rivet so you could brace it on a vice or something and tap it with a hammer until it tightens up to create enough resistance to hold it in position,

Foozerush

Squeeze the rivit with vice grips.... Did mine on my 416-8.... Super easy fix.

P3x

Had the exact same problem with my '93 520. There is a rivet that attaches the throttle lever to the "quadrant" forward of the instrument panel.

I tried to tighten it using the vice grips method and was unsucessful. Used a pneumatic rivet gun/muffler tool to tap on one side while backing up the other with a bucking bar and lightly drive the rivet to tighten. Been fine ever since.

Todd

I'm not familiar with the 520 throttle but there has to be a screw or a rivet at the pivot point of it. I think it's a rivet so you could brace it on a vice or something and tap it with a hammer until it tightens up to create enough resistance to hold it in position,

I ditched the rubber over the handle idea.took some channel locks and squeezed the pinion on the cable ,works like new now.I guess different methods would work,all depends on what condition peoples cables are in ..Luckiley mine just need a good squeeze ..

Foozerush

Glad the vice grips did the job....