Sign in to follow this  
WHnovice

WH B-100

WHnovice

Nice to find this forum. I just bought a WH B-100 to restore. It is not running, but it did start once, but will not even attempt to turn over now - new battery. Checking out paint colors - found a can of Valspar IH red which seems to be a close match, but would like more rust protection so have ordered a can of Rustoleum 7466830 Specialty International red. We'll see how that matches. Any ideas on why I'm not getting any power to the starter?

rmaynard

Check all of your cables, especially the grounds. Are you getting any clicking at the solenoid?

KC9KAS

:WRS: You could have a bad solenoid, bad key switch, or loose/corroded connections. Check these items, then see whats happening.

Oh, surely you have lurked around here enough to know..... :wwp:

can whlvr

you can use a booster cable from the battery to pos lug on starter to get it to turn over till you find the problem,another thing to check does it have a safty interlock on the pto,it will stop the starter if the pto is engaged,but im not sure if the tractor u have has one

krazy_horse

you can use a booster cable from the battery to pos lug on starter to get it to turn over till you find the problem,another thing to check does it have a safty interlock on the pto,it will stop the starter if the pto is engaged,but im not sure if the tractor u have has one

My B-80 has one and she will not make a sound if the handle is just a little bit foward.

Don1977

You should have two safety switches, another on the clutch. Some tractors had seat switches also. I have 1977 C-120 that never had a seat switch, but I think it was not required in North Carolina in 1977.