Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Another What Is It Worth?

can whlvr

i wouldnt even consider it if i were you,it seems like theres lots of good gt wheelhorses in that price range in your area

decksetter

RUN AWAY! It's a vertical shaft, they're not built that heavy, not collectible, and even though you think it's just cool to find a one owner tractor, just remember as soon as you buy it, it's not a one owner tractor anymore.

I wouldn't give $300 for it even in that good of shape. No way.

Jake Kuhn

425 is just much more than the tractor is worth. If you wait,for that price you could probably get a c series that are much nicer and more durable tractors. I got my b111 that runs great with a mower deck but in worse shape for 100 dollars and if I would not of bought it the guy would have had to taken it home. I wanted to be good to him, but I probably could of gotten it for 50. ~Jake

JackC

i would not spend $350 on an older vertical shaft tractor.

For comparison as to what $350 will buy, check out the Charger 12 with 48 inch deck for sale in the Classified section. That is a real tractor for $350 and a collector item besides.

Tankman

'73 12hp/automatic, picked it up for $300 (delivered). Excellent shape.

I've changed my mind 'bout the automatic trans. I like it!

Electric PTO, I like the electric PTO too, and a deck.

Curious 'bout the deck, no grease fittings, bothers me.

Paint, changed oil and air cleaner. Not shown, but added a new headlamp lens. Great Horse!

Sold the Cub Cadet SLT 1550, 25 hp. Was the wrong color! :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

I would pass on any vertical shaft "lawn" tractor. Shop 'round, pickup a 5-lug garden tractor.

VinsRJ

Even at $300 that tractor is over priced, just becuse it says WheelHorse doesn't mean it was a good tractor. There were a couple "duds" built over the years by WheelHorse and ALL of the vertical shafts IMO fall into that catagory.

He will be sitting on that thing until the clouds part and the sun shines on about a $100.

SNYFIX

We'll agree that probably he will be PAYING you to get it out of his shed to free up much needed space !!

Most tractors offered for sale will be one owner tractors !! Now if you can find a "one-owner" (little old lady)

Ford Model T owner THEN you have something to acquire !!!

No, we wouldn't let 'one-owner' w/all original manuals sway you. Parts, especially mower deck parts will be

hard, (read expensive) to find as they were already hard (read expensive) to get -- --

But it's your $$ and like the members say, a garden tractor allows you to do so much more with then a lawn tractor.