Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Another What Is It Worth?

Wheel Crazy

I recently found a 1980 Wheel Horse B-81. It runs and drives and is in good condition with a new battery. Comes with the mower deck and a leaf collector. What is it worth? Thanks!

wheelhorse55.jpg

wheelhorse56.jpg

wheelhorse57.jpg

KC9KAS

It looks like a decent machine.

As far as a Garden Tractor, I don't think it will get-r-done, but as a Lawn Tractor, it will do a fine job.

Woops....I didn't read too close....you were asking what is was worth....Duh....

Yeah, maybe $100 in my book, but I'm not in the market for vertical engine machines.

Kelly

The Parker sweeper he has is $100 easy, the mower is nice so $200 for that but I see he is asking for offers so I would start at $150-200

Wheel Crazy

Thanks for the help guys! I asked what he wants for it and he says $650. I asked him if hes the original owner and if he had any manuals and still waiting for an email back. I think $350 would be the top amount I would pay if he was the original owner.

Wheel Crazy

He said he is the original owner and has all the original owners manuals. Does that increase the value any?

Don1977

It looks like a decent machine.

As far as a Garden Tractor, I don't think it will get-r-done, but as a Lawn Tractor, it will do a fine job.

Woops....I didn't read too close....you were asking what is was worth....Duh....

Yeah, maybe $100 in my book, but I'm not in the market for vertical engine machines.

:text-yeahthat:

Wheel Crazy

I offered $300 and waiting to see what happens!

Wheel Crazy

Now he is saying $525.

Jake Kuhn

it looks to be in very nice shape and the original owner is a plus. But the vertical tractors are not capable of doing much and a very undiserable. I would think 300 would be the highest to go. Don't get me wrong ,its a very nice tractor, but the vetricals are not worth very much money. ~Jake

• Like 1

Duff

I'm with Jake and the other guys on this one - somewhere between $100 and $300 at the absolute tops. JMHO, but for that money you may want to hold out for a horizontal shaft garden tractor that can do more for you. The one you're looking at appears to be in great shape, but as others have said, its use is limited.

Duff :thumbs:

Tankman

Does appear to be in decent shape. And yes, nice to have the original manuals.

I purchased a Raider 12, $300. Came with original owners manual, original Kohler manual, and the deck

manual.

Engine smokes a little but, runs fine.

$300 tops if you really need it. Myself no interest in vertical engines.

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

Thanks for the input guys! I really do like it because an original owner Wheel Horse is kind of hard to come by along with all of the original manuals. I now offered $350 and that is my last offer.

Tankman

Thanks for the input guys! I really do like it because an original owner Wheel Horse is kind of hard to come by along with all of the original manuals. I now offered $350 and that is my last offer.

Let's hope you get the Horse! Looks good and, of course, you want it! You NEED it! Then of course, the Horse will need

a companion or two or three, probably more.

Let the forum know how you make out.

Ken B

If you decide to sell it...... its not going to be an easy resale, very limited audience on that one. Even though he is the original owner and has the manuals I don't hink that adds all that much value. At the end of the day all that matters is that you like it. It is in nice shape.

• Like 2

Wheel Crazy

Let's hope you get the Horse! Looks good and, of course, you want it! You NEED it! Then of course, the Horse will need

a companion or two or three, probably more.

Let the forum know how you make out.

Thanks!! Yeah these old Wheel Horses are very neat and its hard just to have one of them!! lol I will let you know if I get it!

If I bought I would hold on to it. Probably buy AG tires for it to make it look cooler. Maybe in few years it could be worth more?

Kelly

I doubt it will ever go up much if any in value, even the old V7 and V8 Chargers and commandos are not worth much and they are from the 60's and early 70's and are much heavier duty than the one your looking at.

Wheel-N-It

OK, $350 at the most (if you will use it). And thats only because of the deck (if its really nice). But don't buy it because you think it will one day go way up in value. I doubt seriously it ever will. I have only one old school vertical shaft tractor, and thats ONLY because it was the rider I learned how to drive and cut grass with as a kid.

Please understand I am not trying to say bad things about this little wheel horse. I'm just trying to look out for you and your LAGT funds.

bowtieguy

So you want to put on some AG tires??...I would suggest you see if the rear wheels will come off the axles FIRST...they are usually rusted so bad you will destroy the rim even if you disassemble the tranny and put the axle in a press...

I once owned a verticle shaft Wheel Horse.(B-111)...and don't plan to own any more even if they are free!

• Like 2

jusjeepn

Kelly show him a $350 tractor you can sell him!

• Like 1

welderman85

I have a 211-5 and a lt1136 both are vert shaft I have a snowblower for the 211. The are great for smaller yards cutting grass and will work hard but they cant campare to there big brothers in anyway

welderman85

I have also had to cut both the rear wheels off of the 211 they were rusted soils

CRE1992

Hold out for a horizontal shaft. They will serve you better on the long run. You want something with 5 lug rims... Not this.

• Like 1

Tankman

I recently purchased a Commando 800, no deck, nice plow. Kept parts of the plow then

sold the Commando. This little Horse ran well but, useless to me without a deck.

•• WARNING •• Owning Wheel Horse tractors can be hazardous to your well being. Ask the grandchildren! They rule!

Wheel Crazy

Now he relisted it on craigslist for $450 and sent me an email saying $425...

farmerall

I would pass on it. As others have said they simply do not bring much money. Personally the most I would bay for a little WH is 200 and even then it would have to be in good shape. They are hard to sell, it took me over 3 months to sell my WH lt.