Sign in to follow this  
chevyaddict83

Anniversary present inside...

chevyaddict83

So, a wheelhorse 1100 sounded like a good anniversary present to me! Has all the floorboards, covers,etc. Gonna get her up and running tomorrow!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

post-7863-13519908947_thumb.jpg

post-7863-135199091766_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

1maidenfan

Gotta love "ME" presents. :occasion-cake::happy-partydance: :party:

• Like 1

chevyaddict83

I just wanted to check it out. The boss bought it for me. It looks scary, but has all the tin except for the cover for the side of the motor. Where can I source the round pilot, that foes on the motor for the 2nd belt, for the mule drive?

This is my second wheel horse, but first "real" one that can be a worker. Gonna be a work in progress

AMC RULES

Looks candy apple red in that light. :scratchead:

Jake Kuhn

looks like a great present to me! :woohoo:

chevyaddict83

Looks candy apple red in that light. :scratchead:
it is. I like it. If I get as far I want to, it will get a similar repaint.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Gotta love "ME" presents. :occasion-cake::happy-partydance::party:

I love it!
  • Like 1

chevyaddict83

Hit a roadblock.... Need a gas tank.

baerpath

I may have what you need, I know I have the gas tank and fenders if you need them also have a briggs that should be right

Duane

krazy_horse

Great Anniversary Present, it will be fun to fix and you should find most parts from the members or the member vendors. They helped me on my projects. Good luck!!

chevyaddict83

Baerpath, let me know what you want for the gas tank.

No start today, needs a tune-up, which I knew, so to the parts store tomorrow.

Kelly

If I remember right that tractor takes the metal tank that mounts on the engine, kinda old school, as the engine has no fuel pump to pull the gas from a rear mounted tank, the fender is also more like the 76/77 tractors with the tank under the hood and no tank hole in the fender, but the one with the hole for the tank will fit.

chevyaddict83

If I remember right that tractor takes the metal tank that mounts on the engine, kinda old school, as the engine has no fuel pump to pull the gas from a rear mounted tank, the fender is also more like the 76/77 tractors with the tank under the hood and no tank hole in the fender, but the one with the hole for the tank will fit.
I have the rear fender. Just the gas tank part is killing me. And I need a new coil :( to get it running. Hopefully ill find a coil tomorrow.

Sent from my 1100 special.

Kelly

Just to get it running any old tank will do just hold it higher than the carb, I have a nice plastic 1 gal tank I put about 2' of hose on with a shut off, and a filter, in line, I use it for starting engines and tractors that have no tank or the tank is nasty, the tank I use is off a craftsman but even a pop bottle with a hole drilled in the cap and a barbed fitting screwed in the hole to hook a hose to, be sure to put a small hole in the other end for a vent, a cup of gas will get it running to see if you want to spend money on more parts for the briggs, and good luck with the carb on the briggs if they are dirty they can be a pain to get running with out a rebuild.

chevyaddict83

Now, on the off chance I want to repower, what's a good replacement... The wheels are already turning, and I haven't fired her up yet.

I think the coil, needs to be replaced. No spark.

Kelly

Re power, well what do you have on hand or can get?? Me I'd go Kohler power 12, 14 or 16 HP single cyl. the correct style oil pan is needed but you can go solid mount or shaker style in that tractor.

Try sanding the face of the coil where it faces the flywheel, and be sure the little black wire is not grounded, in fact you can unhook it to be sure being there is no tin on the engine.

baerpath

If repowering I just pulled a 18hp briggs twin............

chevyaddict83

The little black wire was bolted to the front of the block. I did sand down the coil, and the "rotor"? And got no spark.

As for the repower, I don't know yet. I live in the whole more HP the better with my trucks. But I'm just tossing that around now.

chevyaddict83

Ok, new plug and coil. Nothing. So how bad is it to get to the plugs?

chevyaddict83

Calling out an s.o.s.!!! How do I figure out what model briggs I have?? I need points and a condenser, and I can't find any numbers on the block!! Help