cartboy

Think it's a Lawn Ranger

cartboy

So I don't hijack Shynon's thread, started this one with pics of my new to me toy...post-8830-0-63163400-1351988993_thumb.jppost-8830-0-24320500-1351989007_thumb.jp

New here, just picked up what I think is a Lawn Ranger with no deck for my youngest son to tinker with and ride around the neighborhood, he loves just about any lawn/garden tractor, this is his first WH. Numbers on the plate near the steering frame are L2631, 411520. Not sure but I think it is a Tec engine, haven't really got into it yet, just took it off the truck a few hours ago. Any pointers as to where to start would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Yes, that is a ranger. Looks like its in very decent shape too. They are neat little tractors and I am currently completely redoing one but progress has been very slow. they have a 6 hp tecumseh in them. ~Jake

cartboy

appreciate the info Jake, I thought at first look it was a Kohler 8 but then got to looking when I was unloading it and realized it wasn't a Kohler but wasn't sure really what it was. I will get into it soon, have a side business clearing trees and brush that is keeping me pretty busy right now.

by the model number it is a 1968

1maidenfan

I agree...nice looking ranger :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos: :thanks:

Terry M

yes, thats a 68', It has the three spoke steering wheel .

welderman85

Those little guys are awsome. I want to buy a ranger next. Thats a very nice tractor

VinsRJ

Looks like a great little tractor!

cartboy

The weather this weekend is supposed to be decent, I hope to get it washed up and start tinkering with it, it does not currently run but shouldn't be too much trouble to get fired up.

Vinylguy

My first horse was a 68 Lawn Ranger. Mowed great for 2 years till the old tired motor gave up. Gave it to a friend up north for one of his kids.

Amazing how hard these little tractors work. Looks like yours will clean up nice.

I think I have a pair of correct hood decals that have a small blemish but would be happy to send them to you if you pm me your address.

Your shift decal looks to be in decent shape.

oldredrider
5 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

My first horse was a 68 Lawn Ranger. Mowed great for 2 years till the old tired motor gave up. Gave it to a friend up north for one of his kids.

So....how did the kid trade work out? :ROTF:

• Like 5

Vinylguy

Good one