Sign in to follow this  
TXMO

electric Wheel Horse?

TXMO

I'm new to Wheel Horse. Got bit when I bought a lake cabin and a C160 was in the shed. Now I spend a lot of my time surfing for attachments and reading about these wonderful machines. During my search, I ran across an battery powered C-145. Ad says it takes 6 six volt bateries to run it. Did Wheel Horse make an electric rider or is is a modification? Is worth looking at?

• Like 1

ricksrj58

wheelhorse did make electric tractors,other people will chime in with more knowledge about them then i have.

CasualObserver

Here's some other info Most of the electrics looked pretty normal.

http://www.myelec-traks.com/wheelhorse.html

Don1977

My old Wheel Horse dealer had some back in 1977 when I bought my C-120. A couple of them were a different color and had General Electric Decals on them, not sure if GE built them are.

Marv

Wheel Horse bought the General Electric battery powered division form GE. GE made mowers called Elec Trac. They were made in a tractor stile. When Wheel Horse first aquired the GE line they used the same machine with Wheel horse paint and decals. The first ones were called E 145. They also made one as a rear engine rider (battery) using the A81 chassis by replacing the briggs engine with batteries and a dc motor. Then they did away with the Elec Trac (E145) style and put batteries on a C series frame. Sales did not go all that well so the program was discontinued.

kthack657

Jimt1971 and I actually have an orginal unrestored electric wheelhorse it is fast and fun to ride...3 deep cycle batteries equals fun!!