SousaKerry

Penetrating oil tests

Wheelhorsestory

Great post because I hate paying the money for Kroil Oil. It does work well, and this may sound weird, but I love the smell. In any case, I will give the Liquid Wrench a try.

oaktown1987

Justice brothers

oaktown1987

jb80 aka justice brothers seems to work good it is 8 dollars a can though

oaktown1987

Anybody use justice brothers I use it's the best I've ever used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMCIII

On the flight line we used K9 - P.

:laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Desko

What happens when you mix all the penetrating oils together it could just be the best.

TIGman

Was going to try the ATF/acetone mix this weekend on the 875 slot hitch that was rusted tight.  Didn't have any acetone so I used Slide Nexgen in the mix. We use Nexgen all the time at the shop as a cleaner -degreaser. It is citrus- vegetable based biodegradable.

Put some on the hitch in the morning and by later afternoon I could start to move the hitch.  Just another"Witches Brew" to add to the list. ;)

IMG_20160606_080801.jpg

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

If you wanna try the Locktite product for cheaper price, try here http://www.ruralking.com/loctite-freeze-and-release-13-52-ounce-aerosol-996456.html

There is another "freeze type" product called Freeze-Off  http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=05002 

I used to think that the sun rose and set with Kroil until i used Freeze-Off. I find that the FO works as good as if not better than Kroil for most applications. A motorcycle wrench told me to try it and I was sold. If you use it according to directions, you waste a lot of product. FO has an excellent ability to creep in used sparingly and i will give an example. Jay is my wife's relative and a hungry younger guy who really wanted my advice wrenching on vintage Honda motorcycles. He had one with butchered case screws, so I took my can of Freeze-Off and i showed him how they said to use it, but instead of spraying a bunch of product in a 15 second blast, I told him to walk by the bike each morning and evening and spray a bit on each fastener every day for a week, and two weeks are even better. Some of those JIS phillips head screws were so messed up that they only had two flutes on them. I went back a week later and all the fasteners came loose. Freeze-off can be bought at the box auto stores like O'reilles.

There is also another use for Freeze-Off discovered by accident. Use it on carbs to clean them of gunk and corrosion. It works pretty slow, but the product keeps fizzing and producing bubbles as it works its way in. Nothing better to free up stuck slides in constant velocity motorcycle carbs as they are so delicate to work on.It also works sometimes on corroded electrical switches like in motorcycle handlebars

A wrecking yard close by uses a mix of equal parts acetone, transmission fluid, and brake fluid with excellent results. That brake fluid really cuts the rust, but also is bad on paint, so be careful.

The young man I  talked about earlier had an old frozen Triumph engine and he used a witches brew and a pump to distribute the product throughout his engine in a continuous loop including a gunk screen filter. Three weeks and the stuck engine was freed up and the internals were clean. Sorry i wrote a book about this and hope it was not too long

• Like 1

WHX??
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, TIGman said:

Didn't have any acetone

Stole some of my wife's finger nail polish remover (acetone) and did the atf brew....worked good till I got caught with her bottle in the shop! :hide:

• Like 2

wrightorchid

I think as long as you don't steal her nail polish you should be OK. :lol:

• Like 1