Sign in to follow this  
sadixon49

Slot Hitch?

sadixon49

Is there any difference between slot hitches off of different models? I'm looking to get a slot hitch for my 312-8 to mount a rear blade for snow removal. I've seen several on ebay off of different machines, I think they are all the same, but thought I would ask here first before I do something stupid.

Also what would be needed to hook it up? I know it uses a cable assy from the lift arm back to the hitch, anything else needed?

steve post-8439-0-65768100-1351610378.jpgpost-8439-0-80036500-1351610776_thumb.jp

CasualObserver

They are all the same, but the hardware to make them work is different on various models.

I think a more important question is, what are you looking to do with it? Just that back blade? You may be better off with a Clevis hitch? (Brinly style) You'll have a lot easier time finding a blade to fit the clevis hitch. And...I wouldn't really say back blade snow removal will be much fun on a regular garden tractor. It's better for dirt/gravel work.

wallfish

I imagine a custom rear blade to push in reverse for snow could be handy with a blower on the front. Since it's a custom job, make the blade turn all the way around for dirt and gravel too. MMMMMMMM, I just have way too many crazy ideas and it would be much easier to just mount a regular snow/dozer blade.

sadixon49

I have a snowblower for my tractor. I intend to use the back blade to reach in and pull snow out of areas I can't reach with the blower. I also thought it would help with providing weight at the back of the tractor

steve

• Like 1

CasualObserver

You wouldn't be able to use them at the same time... only one lift controls both. Depending on which way you're working, you'd be dragging an anchor when you're trying to blow snow, and you'd have a devil of a time steering the back blade with the snow blower on the ground in front.

Of course.... all of this aside.... this is why everyone should have second tractors! :thumbs:

Sent from my Galaxy S iii with Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Rock farmer

Those slot hitches were all the same.

The pins that go through them changed from "C" clips to push pins at some point.

Push pins are much better if you ever want to change the hitch.

Slot hitches are pretty common. However, slot hitch attachments are rare.

Brinly hitch attachments are still being made today. And, they make a rear blade.

A Clevis or brinly hitch cost three or four times as much as a slot hitch.

With either choice, you'll need a rock shaft, cable and tube.

Aside from what others have said, I don't think I'd want to do the type of work your

Talking about with a manual lift. (That plow is heavy) Better to get a second tractor with a hydro lift and

Use it just for plowing.

Joe

wallfish

You could always hold the blade up with a piece of chain until it's needed. That way the blade stays up when you lower the blower. Unhook it when you're ready and it shouldn't be an issue to push the blower around for the small amount of time you are going to pull the blade. Better yet, a piece of cable with a hook or a solid link with hooks won't rattle as much.

can whlvr

you could use something like this that i built,it use a chain to hold up implements,and it doesnt affect the tractor lift

013-1.jpg