Sign in to follow this  
Suburban 550

Yesterdays Haul

Suburban 550

It's been along time since I pushed all my horses to the side and even thought of selling out because of lack of time and other personal issues I had to deal with the last year or so. Thanks to TT all that changed this past week with a pm from him telling me about an auction of personal items of a deceased man from Shamokin, Pa. which included a 753 and attachments. Me and a friend of mine headed out about 8 a.m. and the auction started at 9 and by the time we got there the auction was already started with little time to look the tractor over really good. The original auction ad had stated a 753 with front and rear plow and a wheel horse snowblower was being auctioned seperately. At about 10:30 the auctioneer told everyone to take a few minutes and look at a few of the tractors there (only one was a wheel horse) and anounced that the wheel horse items which included the snowblower would auctioned as a package. The opening bid started at $200.00 and dropped all the way to $10.00 before I made the first bid (did you ever get that feelin' you were gonna steal it) and then all hell broke loose. I had one other bidder that just wouldn't give up and it end up costing me $275.00. I talked to one of the neighbors of the old guy that owned the tractor and he told me it had sat many years in a shed behind the house and by all the dust and dirt on it I could believe it. Here are a couple of pics

IMG_1076.jpg

Rear wheel weights

IMG_1078.jpg

Snowblower

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Rear plow

IMG_1079.jpg

For all those who were wanderin' what ever happened to my 701, here it is pretty much unchanged from last time I posted

IMG_1019.jpg

Special thanks to TT, Stevebo,and Brian (buckrancher) who kept me motivated to stick with the Wheel Horse hobby.

• Like 4

fabricator2009

Very nice haul. Glad your still into the hobby.

rmaynard

Ray,

Great to have you back. :thumbs:

Even at a price of $275.00 you stole that thing. Man have got your work cut out for you now. Finish the 701 in time for the show next year, and do your magic on your new 753.

jimt1971

Ray great to hear rrom you again. We missed you and Linda at the shows this past year. I hope things are turning around for you.

Jim

danjmah

Very Very Nice! - Great deal!

stevebo

Ray,

Good to have you back and great find! You are one of those guys that makes this a great hobby. Hope to see you back at the show next year!

Ken B

Nice haul Ray! Stevebo is real good like that. He has pulled many of us off the ledge, myself included!

AMC RULES

Congratulations Ray, incredible deal you got there.

dclarke

Great to see you back Ray! You're one of the guys that make this forum special. Looks like you got another nice one to go through, good luck with it. I'm looking forward to updates on the 701.

JimD

It sure is good to see you back here Ray. It's been way too long. As always, I look forward to seeing what you do with this one.

KC9KAS

Looks like you got a good deal! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I think you got your money's worth!

fireman

Good to see you back Ray!

stevasaurus

Welcome back Ray...missed you at the show this year. Glad you are OK and decided to hang back out here. BTW..nice score :)

Jake Kuhn

good to have you back ray, and nice find! :handgestures-thumbup:

buckrancher

Great to have you back Ray we need to plan a get together as I have a blade of yours good looking 753 also

Hope you guy's can make a few shows this coming year you were missed this last summer

Brian

Suburban 550

Thanks guys, I really missed seeing all of you at the shows and I guess I have alot of catching up to do. Ran out of time yesterday to look over what I brought home, so I figured before the storm hit I'd check it out. The bad being the shifter is locked up in neutral and a terrible growling noise in the transaxle when you push it (probably the reason it was sittin' so long in the shed), two piece gas tank may be leaking and alot of play in the steering, the good being the engine seems to have good compression and all the sheet metal seems to be in great shape. Spent some time today cleanin' it up and hopefully next weekend getting it fired over. Some pics after the cleanup:

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

I think this is one of the first round hoods I ever bought that the bottom of the hood and square pan seat were in great shape.