Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Mowing Decks - Are New Ones Still Available?

leeave96

Quick question - does Toro still offer a complete new mowing deck for the Wheelhorse tractors? 42", 48" side discharge and/or 36", 42" rear discharge deck?

Thanks!

Bill

can whlvr

im not sure about it now,but they were avaiable a few years back,but you have to purchase it in peices,example,deck,spindles,lift frame parts,scalp wheels,rear wheel assembly and any thing else it needs,it would cost ALOT of cash,and thats one reason people abandon their tractors,they price a new deck and can buy a lawn tractor with deck for the cost of a shell from toro

groundhog47

Was lookin' for one last month, not sure what site as it scared me with the cost (just sheet metal no parts) $699, ran into used ones from good $ to high $ but shipping runs em up fast. Find the model number and do a web search and you may find a better deal than I did, but they will be NOS. Good huntin' , I finally decided to have mine patched up after ordering all pulleys and blades.

Also not knowing which tractor or series it's anywhere in the park speculation but I went back and found some metal fof a C series (1974-76 type) 75-42ms01 mower:

toro.gif S/A 42 S-MWR DECK

• Part #:
  • Substitution:
  • Brand:
  • Genuine Toro

Genuine Toro Authorized Substitution : The part number 105965 has been changed to 107992. While the new part may look different, it is a manufacturer approved substitution. Our Price: $774.00 Qty:

I think this is only the deck, but maybe this will put you on a better trail. Gerry

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

Kelly

I have a local dealer that is selling off some old stock this summer, they had new decks complete in the box ready to use for $480 for a 42" SD deck

Forest Road

I sold a lightly used 42" sd last summer for $460. NOS for $480 was probably their cot.

CRE1992

I have a local dealer that is selling off some old stock this summer, they had new decks complete in the box ready to use for $480 for a 42" SD deck

Kelly if you wouldn't mind, could you see if your local dealer still has any available?

Thanks,

Charles

Kelly

I plan on stopping in there in the next week or so, they called me back beging of summer and asked if I wanted to buy all the WH stuff they had, this is not a old dealer so everything was for newer tractors but at the time they had 8 decks all sizes, 3 tillers a few snowblades and blowers, but I didn't want to spend the $$ because I probably would have had to sell everything for what I had into it to unload it.

BOWTIE

HELLO GUYS, I HAVE A FRIEND HERE IN OHIO THAT IS A TORO DEALER. THIS YEAR HE BOUGHT 6 NEW 42" AND 3 NEW 48", I BELIEVE HE SAID $950 AND $1100 AND THEY CAME WITH THE MULE DRIVE AND BELT. HE STILL SELLS USED WH TRACTORS AND SERVICES THEM, HE HAS A WAITING LIST FOR GOOD USED 300-400-500 TRACTORS. HE IS IN MERIETTA,OHIO APEX HARDWARE.

whbob2

Last fall when I bought my new crated 312-8, I paid 200 for a new boxed side-discharge 37 or 39. Later I found a new 48 in Greenville, SC that was old stock of old WH dealer. Paid 400. Both cut great. I trolled craigslist.org every day at the time. Keep looking, there are probably more out there.

Shuboxlover

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! $480 seems cheap....I might even buy one at that price and i don't even need one!!!

855ownerJoel

I have seen a few on craigslist but few and far between where i am at.

Stormin

I rebuilt mine. See my post, My C-125 restorations etc. Darn site cheaper than a new one.

OSONS

I HAVE SEVERAL NEW XI DECKS

Tankman

Lots of "excellent" 42" & 48" side discharge and some 42" rear discharge decks. Not new but look great  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Seller is in the Philadelphia, PA area.

https://allentown.craigslist.org/grd/d/toro-wheel-horse-42-mower/6432151794.html

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/d/wheel-horse-snow-plow-dozer/6447339442.html

Edited by Tankman

Tall grass

See next entry

Edited by Tall grass
Doubled entry

Tall grass

If there are still new mower decks out there that will fit on my 522xi tractor, I would be interested in talking.  Bill  didhavhair@aol.com

adsm08

At the show this weekend I saw a couple big NOS decks, complete units, going for more than a whole new mower at Lowes.