Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Sandy has my attention

bk-scouter

Everybody stay safe out there. Hopefully the damage will be minimal or none at all because the weatherman was wrong again..

-BK

nylyon

Hey do any of you guys have a 30 amp twist lock connector I could borrow

nylyon

Finally found one wow those are tough to get. It took 4 hours of searching for that stinking plug and I was just about to give up, in fact did give up. The kids were with me and wanted to go to Taco Bell for lunch. So I drove to Taco Bell and there was an electric supply store. Turns out that 20 minutes earlier they received a shipment of plugs! $30 later and we were eating Taco's.

I am not back feeding the system, but it's not hooked up exactly as it should be either, but any port in a storm right?

Butch

We're about a mile and a half from the ocean. We're going nowhere. Flooding doesn't concern me. I'm on a wooded lot and the winds are what worry me. They say this storm can be the worse storm to ever hit here. In 1962 the Jersey coast was destroyed by a storm. Back then the water was 8' above high tide. This time it could be 10' above high tide. But right now my main concern is installing a hobbs meter and new light switch on my C-85!

Sparky

We're about a mile and a half from the ocean. We're going nowhere. Flooding doesn't concern me.

So your not in one of the mandatory evacuation areas? I thought all shore residents had to be out.

Mike.....

stevasaurus

They are talking about 1' to 2' of snow in some places from this storm now...be safe you guys.

1maidenfan

We're about a mile and a half from the ocean. We're going nowhere. Flooding doesn't concern me. I'm on a wooded lot and the winds are what worry me. They say this storm can be the worse storm to ever hit here. In 1962 the Jersey coast was destroyed by a storm. Back then the water was 8' above high tide. This time it could be 10' above high tide. But right now my main concern is installing a hobbs meter and new light switch on my C-85!

PRIORITIES!!! :ychain::happy-jumpeveryone:

They are talking about 1' to 2' of snow in some places from this storm now...be safe you guys.

INDIANA??? :happy-jumpeveryone: LET IT SNOW. Want to try out my snow blower.

HorseFixer

Yeah looked at the News and its not looking good. You are all in our prayers :pray: be safe and God Bless to you all! I just hope no one gets hurt!

~Duke

Butch

Mike no I'm not in the mandatory area. The mandate is for the islands. They'll take our 4 lane Parkway and another state road and make all lanes northbound only. The islands have to be out by 9PM Sunday night. After that they close the roads in and out of the islands.

Terry M

Wow you guys, that is one looking scary storm on the radars...Be safe and be careful with this storm. Looking forward to meeting you guys some day and want to keep it that way!!! :flags-usa:

nylyon

There is a constant breeze this morning. I don't know if it's Sandy or not, but the sky is really pretty shades of grey.

post-5-0-53025300-1351426695_thumb.jpg

Ken B

I haven't been watching the news at all but it sounds like maybe I should get my butt in gear and do a little preparing.

nylyon

Ken, there's a high wind warning so gotta get the projectiles taken care of. That's my plan for today, and to fillup the truck and car (so I can siphon out the fuel when needed)

nylyon

It's gotten a lot cooler here. Unfortunately (for me) the Generator I am supposed to have hasn't come in to the store yet, so onto plan 'B'. Got plenty of fire wood, my portable gas stove and 90 gallons of fresh water. Lots to eat, but running low on beer!

Sparky

No genny yet? What gives? I thought you were locked in.

Mike........

nylyon

I am, mine is the first one on the truck, but the truck ain't here! Was coming in from Georgia a couple of days ago, not sure why it's not here. I am told that if it doesn't come by 6 tonight, then it "should" be there 9:00 am tomorrow..... <bummer>

nylyon

NYC schools are closed for tomorrow and they are shutting down trains and busses at 7:00pm tonight. Hopefully the bridges will remain open so my generator can get here!

rmaynard

I was supposed to be replacing deck rails on a beach house in Rehoboth, Delaware on Monday and Tuesday. I think I will reschedule. Might be a little more than rails come Wednesday. Even where I live, 150 miles inland from the coast, sustained winds of 75 mph are predicted.

Remember all those leaves that I pictured in a previous post? They are from 80 foot tall oak trees surrounding my house. I hope my trees like me.

• Like 1

krazy_horse

We were watching NYC channel 7 this a.m. on our dish, looks like this will be a tough storm. Good luck to you and your families and hope all fare well with no damage. jJim.. krazy_horse

AMC RULES

Just heard NYC news reporting that high rise elevators will be taken out of service at 7pm tonight.

Imagine...the winds gusting over 100 mph in the city tomorrow. :scared-eek:

So, If the tower is a rockin'...don't come a knockin' :)

nylyon

Yeah, my mother-in-law lives in Bayside Queens. It's not part of the evacuation, but she's really close to the shoreline. Hope that they don't evacuate her, as we're the closest relatives. :naughty:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Her name isn't Sandy by any chance, is it Karl? :ychain:

Sparky

Anyone getting hit hard yet? Its still calm (eerie calm) here in central Connecticut.

Mike......

nylyon

Very calm here too. Slight sprinkles while I was testing my NEW GENERATOR but other than that there's just a breeze.

• Like 1