Sign in to follow this  
goldhorse

B/C 100

goldhorse

Hello, I have finally got here, the name's Terry, been struggling unsuccessfully with this obsession for a couple of years now, I'm up to 3, first the Norlett, then a C101, and the latest is a B/C100(71-10K8). I was going to ask why it comes up on TORO model list as a '77 B100 but is stickered as a C100 but I found the answer to that in Wheeledhorsemans excellent postings on here. I noticed the assumption was made that at some point his may have been re-engined as the engine no. 616xxxx is an early '74 number, mine is 30 units newer by the serial number (must have been made next day) and has a similar 616xxxx number, both engines are the same spec., coincidence? or did it take 3 years to assemble knock-down kits in the States and ship them to Belgium for final assembly. Are there any more members out there with 71-10K8's we could check engine numbers on?

rmaynard

I have two 71-10K801's. Both have the K241S-46756d engine.

The engine serial numbers are as follows:

goldhorse

H'mmm, 46756d is the '76/'77 spec engine I would have expected, but both these engines are the earlier 46636d spec, maybe the Belgian-built 71-10k8 is not quite the same as the U.S. built 71-10k801?

Norlett

:greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: Welcome to our wheel horse stable.

As you can see by my name.or title.I have a norlett.plus other horses.

Between myself and my family we have about twelve Wheel horses

Nearly all run and are ready to show next year.

We travelled down to Ardingly show this year with three.A gt14..C 105..and a lawn ranger.

Had a great day.met some great guys.And hope to go next year.

Look in Tractor and Machinery.This and last months.got a good write up. :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen: :greetings-wavegreen:

meadowfield

Hi Terry,

glad you made it here at last! be good to see some pictures.

mark

goldhorse

Hi Norlett, Hi Mark, I have seen a couple of your machines on here over the last year, must admit I didn't realise T&M covered small machines, must get hold of a copy. I am finding this forum full of information, for instance I have managed to determine the reason the C100 isn't charging is because one a/c lead is grounded out, but no one told me that it would take all day to get 4 screws out to remove the footgrater, next problem will be pulling the flywheel! The only photo's I have of it at the moment are of the decals, I will try to post a couple when I get the motor back together.

Anglo Traction

Hi Terry, :WRS:. Look's like you made it through the Model number maze. Stick to the US Model number versions and you can't go wrong. Good to have another

UK 'Horse Bitten' member on here. Enjoy.

Regards.

neil

Welcome to Redsquare Terry

I am just down the road from you in Bridgwater Somerset

I dont think you have bought your last tractor yet

but for now have fun with the ones you have so far .

meadowfield

Terry,

t&m have done quite a few articles on wheel horses - also my son got 3 pages with his westwood restore. Look forward to the pictures, yours will be a first - Commanders are rare, even rarer restored!!!

mark

goldhorse

Hi Anglo Traction, Hi Neil, nice to see someone 'just down the road' I was thinking all the action was up north or down south-east - that in itself could be a future topic, like why 2 of the few Norlett's I know of started off in Scotland. Mark, restoration of the Commander has been temporarily halted by the grand-daughters telling me to get the C100 running properly before I take the Commander back out of commission for painting. I've got to listen because they are responsible for regularly exercising the horses!

Stigian

Welcome to :rs: Terry, good to have you aboard.

farmer

:WRS: