Sign in to follow this  
jsp_333

414-8 and Snowthrower?

jsp_333

Looking to buy my first wheel horse this week.

Saw a 418-8 this afternoon - smokin' engine unfortunately.

Looking at 2 different 414-8's this week.

Will the 414-8 take a snowblower attatchment [i'm assuming it will]? and is there a quick link to the info as to all model numbers that will fit the mower?

Cheers,

John

dwayneGT

first off :WRS: If you go to the top of this page and click Files then on the top left click on misc. items then scroll down to attachment interchangeability and look for your model. Good luck with the new purchase :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

jsp_333

Got it and thanks for taking the time to help the new guy.

• Like 1

1maidenfan

Got it and thanks for taking the time to help the new guy.

You will find ALL kinds of help here, a whole bunch of great people on this site!!!!

:happy-jumpeveryone: :WRS:

• Like 2

Foozerush

A 414-8 will have plenty of power for a thrower...

dsholler

Got a thrower on mine :D

(well,. probably will not go on for another month, given the weather we are having, I need to keep cutting the grass. )

Forest Road

A good running 10 - 16 hp is plenty for a single stage. Although I run a 2 stage on a 314 hydro it really needs a twin cylinder motor. That 2 stage is a monster! My single resides in the garage as a backup.

can whlvr

welcome fellow canuck,i live about an hour from TO,i have 2 414,s and yes they will take a single stage,i think maybe a 2 stager would be pushing a 14 hp,but if you went slow enough maybe could do it,a 414 is a really good all round machine,not too bad on fuel and lots of power,i wouldnt spend more than 100 bucks on a smoker,it costs about 400 bucks up here to rebuild a single kohler,ive done 3 now,but if you could get her for cheap its worth it to rebuild,then you have an engine for many years if treated right,good luck and let us know how you do

jsp_333

The "smoker" is out of the running. It's on Kijiji if you want to see it. 418-8 with Thrower and grader. $2300.00

Not only did it have a bad engine but I lifted the seat and the boot around the shifter was non-existent. No telling what dirt dust etc. was inside the transmission

Doing engine rebuilds just isn't in my immediate future. Not enough space in the garage or my head to tackle that yet.

Quite content to grab one of the 414's [both $1000.00] and join the club so to speak - especially after all the great help I've got here in less than a week!

dsholler

I solicited a lot of opinions about blowers before I got one for my 414, and the consensus on this site was not to use the 2 stage. This is not because of the HP requirements, but because the blower itself weighs over 350 pounds, and those that have tried them on the 300/400 series tractors say that you cannot steer the thing with that much weight in the front. I think it needs the 500 series gear reduction to work.

jsp_333

Yeah I'm O.K. with the single stage. It's not like I'm looking to start a business - I just need to do the driveway 5-10 time a year.

Didn't have my current thrower [1973 Toro 526] out once last year. I guessing I'm not the only one in that situation.

Thanks for all the great advice