CTPhil

Does anyone have a Raider 12?

CTPhil

I just got a 1969 Raider 12 in a package deal with some Gravelys. One owner, always inside. It was said to run 2 years ago when parked, now it has no spark. It's fairly complete, but a cast arm holding a belt idler is broken despite numerous welding attempts, the headlight bar is missing, and the hood hinge holes are elongated/broken. Also it has a seat off a forklift.

Does it have any collector value? How is parts availability? If I could find a new idler pulley bracket I think it could be an easy restore.

P1060473docsmall.jpg

krazy_horse

I think parts will be easy to find. Put an add on the Red Square forum and watch evil-bay. Good luck

Tankman

I have a Raider 12, excellent machine. Missing decals replaced w/ new.

Seat is now a high back, new. Background, a WH snow blower.

Stored indoors, yours appears outdoor-sy.

Shouldn't be hard to pickup parts.

Weld keeps breakin'? Drill, tap, bolt, braze.

Kelly

If your talking about the deck idler bracket, I see yours is broken, they are a common broke item, I just sold my last good one, they do show up on ebay every now and then.

CTPhil

Yes, deck idler bracket. I'll start watching eBay. I'll post a wanted ad here too, but I first want to find out why there's no spark, get it running and do a compression test to see if it's an easy restore or a parts candidate. I suspect it will be fine, here's hoping.

How hard is it to find a light bar?

Kelly

Light bar??? that tractor should have the hole in the nose of the hood for a headlight bucket, and lens, right behind the add on driving lights that are on it, I have all the parts needed to put factory headlights in it, as for spark, does it have the standard round coil, or the electronic ign. small odd shaped coil??

CTPhil

I'll look closer at those lights. It has a regular round coil.

Sorry to be so vague, I've only had it a couple of days. I answered an ad on Craigslist for a couple of old L model Gravelys, and when I got there the guy said, "it didn't make it into the ad, but that rider goes with the deal". :)

I found room for it on the truck. ;)

P1060457docsmall.jpg

P1060456docsmall.jpg

johnscag

nice find, and nice gravelys. I had 2 Raider 12's and loved them, its a keeper in my opinion, one of the best pulling tractors i had. Parts are also easy to find.

markjs

BTW :WRS:

KC9KAS

Welcome to Red Square!

I have a RAIDER 12, and it didn't have spark at 1st. Clean & gap the points, make sure wires are correct to the coil, and make sure when the key is on there is 12 volts to the coil. Also make sure you have a good spark-plug.

CTPhil

BTW :WRS:

Welcome to Red Square!

I have a RAIDER 12, and it didn't have spark at 1st. Clean & gap the points, make sure wires are correct to the coil, and make sure when the key is on there is 12 volts to the coil. Also make sure you have a good spark-plug.

Thanks for the welcomes! The machine was apparently running 2 years ago, so I'm hoping it's something minor.

CTPhil

Better late than never.  The Raider 12 has been sitting, outside, mostly uncovered.  Last night I had to move it to make room for something else so I dropped the deck and towed it up by my shop.  That got me going, so this morning I gave it another look.  Long story short, a miswired key switch, multiple corroded electrical connections, some fuel line repair and...fire in the hole!

Raider 12 first run on Youtube

Also just bought a never broken mower deck idler mule arm on eBay, had gotten a front rim already, I should be all set to get this one working!  If I want to do a restoration, I'd need a headlight assy. and steering wheel cap, but it's pretty complete.  :)

Digger 66

I have a 10 but , if that were mine , I'd drop everything & get to work on it right away .:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Tankman

Raider 12 a great Horse! Grandsons love the Stallion!

WH-Milo.jpg

CTPhil

That's a great looking tractor!

KC9KAS

Glad you have it running now.

• Like 1