Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

What Blade number for GT14?

glgrumpy

Wanting blade for my GT14. Going to Portland swap. Here some may be bringing blades for D series. Same? Should be 54" width, not sure what the frame looks like. Is there a model number for each type and what should I need for 14? Where IS the tag, if even on it, on the blade? If no number, what should I be looking for to know if for GT14?

Lane Ranger

GT 14 used a 54 inch snow/dozer blade. 54 inches wide and two "feet" with machines scews to adjust the blade height off of pavemetn or other surfaces. The two "feet" or skids shoudl be the give away that it will work on the GT 14.

One of the later model manuals lists this as a BD-546 snow/dozer blade.

Tankman

Could be wrong but, think this 48" blade is the correct one for you.

Part number faces up, on a tag, on the triangular mounting piece at the front

of the hanger frame, drivers left/front.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=06-48BC01%2C+48%22+Snow%2FDozer+Blade%2C+1988&dn=810224R3-24R30005-0004

KC9KAS

Don't want to hi-jack this thread, but....

I did a modification using 2 old blades to make a 54" wide blade. I do not have the "feet" on this blade....is this going to cause me problems?

glgrumpy

Scored one!! Second fella we looked at had some WH blades and sure enough one for GT14. Came with rear mount too. BUT, I have three point on mine, now wondering if IT has place for blade end or what I have to do to mount? Haven't looked yet. Found some chains for my smaller Charger too. They are agressive ice links, hope they won't be damaging! Brand new for $20, had to try for the money. My blade has mounts for the shoes, a pipe held out aways and set screw/bolt spot, but no shoes. not sure I need them, but might try to make some just to do it. Blade sure is heavier to lift than my smaller one. The small one I can lift and carry alone, this one I needed help. The swap was great, sunny day afterall Thursday, but sure is rainy today and cold. Glad I went first day. Not as many vendors and spread out alot, but lots of good things to buy! I'm broke now again, but for once got some things I needed real quick. Found a cam, almost like new for my my K181 for only $10! Guy had several. Picked out cleanest and nicest and got it.

oldredrider

If you got the correct rear hitch for a GT-14, you won't have any problem mounting the blade. The proper hitch doesn't interfere with the lower mounting bracket.

glgrumpy

OK, found on here a nice manual for 42 and 48" blade, with pictures of how to unpack and mount and all. THAT is what I wanted for my 14's blade, WHICH is diff in some ways. Page in MY manual says should be a #6-4112 blade with 6-9611? No explanation of what that last number is for. 54" blade. I have manual that shows for 1054 or whatever that bigger model tractor is that looks similar to 14. Still the smaller blade. Kinda confused on the lift link. Manual shows two kinds used. One is flat-stock kinda curved and solid. That is what came with my blade. Another shows tube and rod end that adjusts some to allow clearancce on axle?? Now have downloaded tht better man from Wyattrrp 90 42-48 blade and it shows diff links too. Better explanations. Shows one long one if you want "downpressure" on blade. Others are shorter. Does NOT show the curved one that I have though. Really still looking for the correct manual or maybe a supplement for the GT14's 54" blade I guess.

glgrumpy

Well, mounted that blade today.....AND......not so sure it IS a GT14 blade or not. I had to mount the rear mount in Front of the axle becuase of my three point hitch. I used the plow hitch as the backing straps for the 3pt mount. Was a hair narrower, but the bolts only angled a bit and look OK. Had to even let out the tin for fender supports a little, it was just hitting on those. Next, slipped the frame under tractor and lined up the mount. Looked kinda short! This frame is an A-frame, not the tupe like "Long frame" has with that last 1-1/2 foot straight sides. Think it needs that length to be right. When I turn blade it just touches the left tire, or at least will with a pressure on it. didn't seem to be as bad on right tire? The lift is in center and that lined directly up under the lift arm. But now way I was gonna use that curved lift bar with it. Too long! So, made a chain and clevis lift link for it. that seems to work, but wants to hit on my oil drain elbow a little. Think it will be OK, I hope! Blade lifts, turns and pushed some gravel in drive to test. Guess it should be OK to use, just not convinced it is right frame. I'm thinking I might try to lengthen next summer. It's staying on for this winter.

glgrumpy

Tried the Toro link here to do info search. Didn't get it at first, but finally found the 6-9611 blade parts diagram. Didn't find the 6-4112 info, said not available. Was from 69, same year as tractor, and 54" blade. A-frame looks diff than what I got. Diagram also shows a bolt, sleeve and nut, but Not where it goes or what it does. Any ideas? Here's a scan of the page. Looks like the mount goes on front of axle if diagram is correct way, so do have that right at least. So what are parts #19 and 20 for?

post-7776-0-06635500-1350795236_thumb.jp

refracman

The correct GT blade frame looks like the new style, with the straight sides but it is approx 6 in longer than the standard, you can use the 520 extention kit if you want, it also mounts to the front of the rear axel with the same retaining bolts as the 3pt, you have that part right. The lift link is a solid straight bar, a chain will work but no down pressure.

stoneman

I was really happy to find this thread. I bought a plow for the 69 GT 14, but I don't have the proper mounting bracket. I was pumped up and looking forward to moving a few piles of nice topsoil around. Been awhile since I've been able to mess with the WH stuff. So I'm hoping someone might help me find a line on that mounting bracket. # 4 and 12-16. Been a couple years since I've visited the site regularly. Lots of cool changes. Thanks.