Sign in to follow this  
groundhog47

520H rear wheels

groundhog47

Am lookin' to buy/bid on some wheels for a 520H, listed as 9.5x12, will they fit the hub of a C-120,

7.5x12 wheel (1 1/8 axel)? Couldn't locate info on tractordata.com.

Thanks

Gerry

CRE1992

Yes they would fit fine.

groundhog47

Yes they would fit fine.

Thank you very much! Gerry

Wheel-N-It

You will really like that upgrade Gerry. I put 520 wheels and tires on my 312-8. What is your plan for tires?

groundhog47

You will really like that upgrade Gerry. I put 520 wheels and tires on my 312-8. What is your plan for tires?

Plan on changing to 23x10.5x12 ag lug from 23x8.5x12 ag lug. The 8.5's that it came with in 76 were wider than the 8.5's (36 yr) I just got last month. Really like a wider tire and feel the wider rim will help also. Am wantin' the tri rib but just got new front tires also (12 yr).

Fig I'll rig up a new set along with a paint job on rims. Gerry

Martin

if you are talking about the "Wheelhorse 520 hydro Rear Tires and Rims" on ebay right now, i think you will find they are not the wider 12 x 8.5 wheels that you are looking for. from the pic you can tell theres not enough 'dish' on the wheel. they look like 12 x 7's with 23 x 9.5 -12 tires on them. i have a set like this on one of my tractors and the tire 'bulge' looks the same as what you see in the pic. if they were indeed 520 12 x 8.5 they would have 23 x 10.5 -12 tires to look 'right'.....

im looking for a set myself at the moment as well.....

heres a pic to identify if these are the ones you are talking about......

$(KGrHqF,!h8F!DNm5OMyBQcjEI2IIg~~60_57.JPG

heres a pic to compare, i 'borrowed' this off another thread on here. you can see the amount of extra width by where the center is positioned inside the rim.....

IMG_3787.jpg

heres the 23 x 9.5 -12 on a 12 x 7 on my 1057 next to a 23 x 10.50 -12 on a 12 x 8.5 loose wheel.

the ones in the ebay listing look like the narrow wheels rather than the wider.

just trying to save you bidding on something you may already have.

post-4321-0-25945100-1350037364_thumb.jp

Hydro

Is this what you have in mind?

post-5559-0-13113000-1350037125.jpg

• Like 4

groundhog47

if you are talking about the "Wheelhorse 520 hydro Rear Tires and Rims" on ebay right now, i think you will find they are not the wider 12 x 8.5 wheels that you are looking for. from the pic you can tell theres not enough 'dish' on the wheel. they look like 12 x 7's with 23 x 9.5 -12 tires on them. i have a set like this on one of my tractors and the tire 'bulge' looks the same as what you see in the pic. if they were indeed 520 12 x 8.5 they would have 23 x 10.5 -12 tires to look 'right'.....

im looking for a set myself at the moment as well.....

heres a pic to identify if these are the ones you are talking about......

$(KGrHqF,!h8F!DNm5OMyBQcjEI2IIg~~60_57.JPG

heres a pic to compare, i 'borrowed' this off another thread on here. you can see the amount of extra width by where the center is positioned inside the rim.....

IMG_3787.jpg

heres the 23 x 9.5 -12 on a 12 x 7 on my 1057 next to a 23 x 10.50 -12 on a 12 x 8.5 loose wheel.

the ones in the ebay listing look like the narrow wheels rather than the wider.

just trying to save you bidding on something you may already have.

post-4321-0-25945100-1350037364_thumb.jp

Woops might have bid to early but can use a spare set to paint up anyway, thanks gerry

groundhog47

Yeah... that's what were are goin' for (are those your stock wheels?), looks tuff and stout, great hitch too, and those front hubs are great, is that original or modified? Gerry

546cowboy

The front wheel on a 520H 1990 or newer use a 1" spindle with tapered wheel bearings. Before that the had the 3/4" spindles. So if you wanted the newer 520 wheels on the front you would have to have the 1" spindles but the wouldn't fit the front axle and steering you have now as a bolt on.

Just saying.

Hydro

Yeah... that's what were are goin' for (are those your stock wheels?), looks tuff and stout, great hitch too, and those front hubs are great, is that original or modified? Gerry

The front hubs are not stock Gerry, they're aftermarket. The rear rims are from a 520 and the rear tires are 10.50's

Here it is with 10.50 turf tires although not as good a photo to show you the depth of the rim.

post-5559-0-76177300-1350129741_thumb.jp

• Like 2

groundhog47

The front wheel on a 520H 1990 or newer use a 1" spindle with tapered wheel bearings. Before that the had the 3/4" spindles. So if you wanted the newer 520 wheels on the front you would have to have the 1" spindles but the wouldn't fit the front axle and steering you have now as a bolt on.

Just saying.

Thanks, thought saw a post on that sometime back, they look great. Gerry

groundhog47

The front hubs are not stock Gerry, they're aftermarket. The rear rims are from a 520 and the rear tires are 10.50's

Here it is with 10.50 turf tires although not as good a photo to show you the depth of the rim.

Your "before" looks real good, you "after" looks great, love thos beefy hubs up front. Gerry