Sign in to follow this  
312Hydro

Caution! Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

312Hydro

Just a random pic I thought you might enjoy.

2cc79218.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

520?

• Like 1

312Hydro

You're good, Kelly :bow-blue:

312Hydro

But wait,there's more!S6302279_zps6bdf7fb8.jpg

CRE1992

Was this the one on Harrisburg craigslist for $1100? I was looking at that one myself but passed because I don't need to buy anything, but that desire for more just keeps on burning. lol

• Like 1

312Hydro

Was this the one on Harrisburg craigslist for $1100? I was looking at that one myself but passed because I don't need to buy anything, but that desire for more just keeps on burning. lol

No, but I saw that it was still on there. I bought this in Michigan. It's a 1995 with 48" deck. Had 398 on the hour meter when I picked it up.

CRE1992

No, but I saw that it was still on there. I bought this in Michigan. It's a 1995 with 48" deck. Had 398 on the hour meter when I picked it up.

Congrats! Though that is a good ride!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations on the 520!

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Hey I have seen that same picture in my rear view mirror too! Many, many times over the years. The first time I thought some nut on a WH was tail gating me! LOL! Looks like a very nice haul for you, nice deck too! Way to go! KJ

• Like 1

312Hydro

Congrats! Though that is a good ride!

Congragulations on the 520!

Thanks guys. I really didn't think I would get one as I have been looking for quite awhile and I actually bought it in early August.Usually, if I found a nice one it was either priced out of my range or it was pretty abused if the price was low. This one has a few things that I've been working on but nothing major. Put in a new fuse block and new mower deck wheels.Changed the tranny filter as it was the wrong kind(had the anti drain back valve in it). I also replaced the tail light lenses as 1 was broken. Still need the manuals and a muffler heat shield and chrome air cleaner cover. It has a 16hp air cleaner cover on it now. I'd like to find a set of 8.5" ? rims for ag tires.

312Hydro

Hey I have seen that same picture in my rear view mirror too! Many, many times over the years. The first time I thought some nut on a WH was tail gating me! LOL! Looks like a very nice haul for you, nice deck too! Way to go! KJ

Thanks! But wait! There's more! S6302299_zps13896fa5.jpg
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks like a soccer van full of love right there...

:wh: love that is.

• Like 1

312Hydro

The van wasn't my first choice. I was going to rent a Uhaul trailer but it was impossible due to the students going to college. I actually stuffed the 312H in the van the night before just to make sure it would work. Here are a couple more pics-

S6302297_zps48a7d805.jpgS6302313_zps6a2e03be.jpgS6302334_zps47cee481.jpg

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Thats how you haul a tractor! :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Well now I know I can fit a tractor in my Montana.. :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Coadster32

Anyway you can stuff it. Tractor looks great from here. :handgestures-thumbupright: (That storm cloud looks pretty cool too.)

Wicked eyes Kelly!! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

hm12460

Holy smokes! Never seen that before, and I've sold a great many of them. Makes me wanna trade the F-150 in (not!)

• Like 1

horsesaver98

me and my dad did that with his 753 in a 08 cristler town and country

• Like 1

312Hydro

Step 1-Start tractor and partially run up ramps. S6302274_zps8889ec89.jpg

Step2- Remove seat and steering wheel. S6302287_zpsd71ad4d8.jpg

Step 3-Push tractor in, place front wheels

on top of mower deck and deflate tires.

Then secure tractor by using ratchet straps

attached to floor.

S6302291_zps63898894.jpg

Step 4- Pack everything in using blankets to protect the paint.

S6302292_zpsd3961d1d.jpg

Step 5- Head for home,take tractor to baseball game with son,S6302322_zpsf6ddb827.jpg

and show friends and relatives. Start conversations with "Hey,betcha don't see this in a minivan!"

2 days later ,unload van! Wait a few months while you try to figure out how to make an interesting post (hopefully)on forum! :)

• Like 3

mattd860

Hey Rich - beautiful 520 and I can't believe you managed to get it in the minivan! Makes me feel a little better about getting one someday :)

You should complete your new tractor with a hydro foot pedal control kit since they are on sale this month

hopefully we all get a lot of snow this year so we can finally use our beastly snow machines. I bought my 520 and 2-stage blower last year and only got to use it once!

• Like 1

312Hydro

Thanks Matt. I really like your foot control kit and you have done a great job designing and building it. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: I really don't care if I ever need that blower. I'd rather it stay in the garage!

can whlvr

your lucky the wheel came off,many dont come off easy

312Hydro

your lucky the wheel came off,many don't come off easy

you're right ,Don. I took a hammer and the correct size punch after practicing on the 312H the night before. I only needed to take it off for the hatch entry as it had plenty of height inside. The 312H made it inside without really removing the wheel but the 520H has larger tires so I 'm glad I took the tools. Even deflating the tires wouldn't let the wheel clear on the 520H. I noticed the newer Caravans have a much more square entry so it may fit. I'd use a tape measure just to be sure. I would have disassembled the tractor if I had to after traveling that far!

krazy_horse

Now that is what I call a HARD CORE WHEEL HORSE lover!

• Like 1

squonk

We should start a "Haul of Fame" thread!

• Like 1