fireman

My new to me Horse Hauler with a bonus!

fireman

Was checking out Craig's List today looking for an enclosed trailer amongst other things. I have wanted one for a while but the prices for even 10 to 15 year old ones are ridiculous. I found one on there that I had saw previously and the price was dropped down to $900. It said it included a spray rig that was inside. I called the guy and asked a few questions. Turns out he had a pest control business and had shut it down and the trailer had been sitting in the garage that it has always been stored in for the last year. He put brand new tires on it at the end of last year and the spare has never been on the ground. It's a 2000 Haulmark 6' X 8' with single barn door. The best thing is the spray rig that's inside. It's a 50 gallon commercial unit with a 5 hp Honda engine, spray guns and a Hannay Reel with hose. I checked and new this rig goes for over $2500. Need less to say I am going to clean up the spray rig real good, tune up the engine and list it on Craig's List. With any luck I will get back what I payed for the trailer and maybe more!!! The only thing the trailer needs is a good wash and wax, new caulking on the roof and a new roof vent. He took the vent out because it didn't let enough air through and when he was inside the trailer the fumes would begin to accumulate.

101_1176.jpg

101_1177.jpg

101_1178.jpg

101_1179.jpg

101_1180.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

Awsome. So would you be able to sleep in it at the WH show? Park the tractor just outside and lay out an air mattress in it :eusa-think: .

Mike..........

glgrumpy

Looks nice! Lot of trailer for just that sprayer! BUT, not much room for big Garden tractor and items?? 5 wide would allow small deck in, but not too large if you have one. The temp camper idea I see alot, but for me would require a window up high at least. And a light on ceiling. You'll want a ramp too! Mount a shelf on side that folds up and becomes bed if wanted by dropping down. OR, could be a seat too then. I want a bigger one with drop gate for ramp and side door, but as noted, way too much even for just a used one, durn!

bowtiebutler956

Thats what I cakk a sweet deal! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

speedyleedy

That's a real nice haul there fireman ! :bow-blue:

VinsRJ

Looks like a great addition!

rwilson

Well good, I have some pests that need taken care of around the house here. When could you do it? :ychain:

fireman

This is the perfect size for me. None of my tractors have decks and I use a 33" walk behind for my lawn. I can fit just the senior inside, 3 round hoods turned sideways or my John Deere 317 w/loader. I think i'm gonna add a ramp hinged just inside the doorway. This way I will just have to open the door then fold down the ramp. It does have two lights on the ceiling which I will replace with LED ones so they don't draw down the battery. I am thinking of mounting fold down shelves to store extra stuff on. I liked what Jim from New Jersey did to his trailer by adding a side window to let light in. I think my inflatable mattress will fit perfect inside with a little room to spare.

SALTYWRIGHT

VERY NICE JEFF. THAT IS A GOOD SIZE. BEST OF LUCK WITH IT.

nylyon

I got to see it today too and the pictures make it look a little smaller than it is. The trailer is really nice, and that spray unit is pretty slick as well! It has little jacks in the back so it won't tip when using the ramps. Really good deal on that one too!

stevebo

Very nice Jeff. Sorry I could not take a ride with you as I was pretty busy today..

AMC RULES

Very nice Jeff...some :wh: red paint to match the truck would make it just about perfect.

fireman

It was a spur of the minute thing Steve. You should of scene me running around the house getting everything I thought I might need to go get it. You wouldn't of even made if over to my house by the time I got off the phone with the guy till I left a burnout out of my drive way :auto-layrubber:

Ken B

Very Nice Jeff. I could have some fun customizing the inside of that!

BLUEBERRY

Thats a nice trailer. Best part of deal is that if you have a wheelhorse acting up or giving you fits, just put it in the trailer and it will get the bugs out!!!!!

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Gee hope he didn't slop too much chemicals on the floor. Them chemicals can really add up over time

jimt1971

Jeff if you can make down to Philly I have a window and vent I could get you for a good deal.

Jim

CRE1992

Nice buy! I have seen spray rigs like that sell by me for $1100 on craigslist. Good luck selling it!

chesbaycruiser

Gee hope he didn't slop too much chemicals on the floor. Them chemicals can really add up over time

This is exactly what I was thinking, especially if it might be used for sleeping in. Just because the bottles are gone doesn't necessarily mean the chemicals are gone. Perhaps I'm over-thinking it, but I would proceed with caution before "living" in it.

Awesome CL find, BTW! That price strikes me as really low for the trailer, let alone the spray equipment!

fireman

As soon as I remove the spray rig from inside the trailer I plan on replacing the plywood on the floor. Its just bolted in place so I will remove it and measure for a new piece. The side panels don't have anything on them at all and are perfect.

I stopped at an RV dealer today and picked up the new roof vent and the special roof caulk. Got home and scrapped/chipped all the old dried acrylic sealant off. Wiped it all down with mineral spirits to remove any grease or grime and re-caulked all the roof joints. Then installed the new roof vent and caulked that also. Now she should be all water/weather tight.

I checked the oil in the engine and fired up the pump to see if it ran. It started on the second pull. The tank still had some chemical in it so I sprayed it in the woods and it works great. I will remove it this weekend and power wash it and get it all looking good. Then I plan on taking some nice pictures and posting it on Craig's List and posting some ads at some of the local landscaping places. Hopefully I can flip this thing by next weekend.

• Like 1

WheelHorseSteve

That's awesome, Jeff! Will allow you to lock up your tractor(s) of choice, keep them out of the elements and is great for camping. Great deal, especially with that sprayer!! A steal!

fireman

I used a metal siding cleaner in my pump sprayer and a scrub brush and cleaned up the outside of the trailer. Can't believe the grime and dirt that came off it. The next day a gave one side a coat of wax to see if the shine would come back. It did but not as shinny as new. Still way better than it was. Hopefully I can do the other sides Friday and have it ready for it's winters nap!

Coadster32

Looks and sounds like a great score Jeff. :handgestures-thumbupright:

fireman

Just an update to this thread as I was reminded of by SteveBo getting his new/used trailer. I sold the spray rig to a friend of mine in November for $600. I didn't want to store the unit through the winter and I know he could really use it for his Landscaping business so I gave him a great deal on it (always pay it forward). So that brought the trailer cost out of pocket down to $300! Then I sold my 4'X7' open trailer to another friend of mine in November for $300 so the enclosed trailer was ultimately FREE :banana-rock: !!!!!!!!

I have all new wiring and L.E.D. lights for it. Just waiting for early spring to install it all. I am also going to replace the plywood on the floor and cover with either Line-X or an epoxy coating like Duke's trailer. It's gonna get a new set of aluminum rims too!

Duff

Sounds like a great deal, Jeff! Will enjoy pix of the finished product!

Duff :thumbs: