Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

The GT14 has made it back from Kentucky!

CRE1992

Well as some of you may know, a man named Ken came on to this site trying to find a home for this GT14. However I am in NJ, and the tractor was in Lexington Kentucky 12 hours away. But my Dad who trains race horses, was going to be down Lexington to race at the Red Mile. So I called my Dad and he said he would pick it up. And Ken said it was as good as mine if my Dad could get it. So at last 2-3 weeks later it arrived.

She is going to need some work but I am sure I will not have a problem getting her going again! She needs a new muffler, as it is missing a chunk. It also needs to be rewired as the wiring is spliced together with tape and wire nuts. And the front drag arm or what ever its called that connects the tierod to the right front spindle somehow broke on the way herek

She appears to have been well cared for, and has what looks to be a fairly new carburetor, but someone used rtv to connect the air filter pipe to the carb instead of a gasket.

Also the white looking stuff that is on the tractor is wood shavings from the actual horse trailer it rode back on!

-Charles

8C1F7D8B-6C14-40FF-AE78-1B3F7ADE156C-3764-00000403D2DE8E86.jpg

E5ACEDBD-17DC-43A8-BE5E-7B47AEC4C94F-3764-00000403DBEFA4A2.jpg

20E60B4E-CE4D-4BD9-BAB5-518EE6973245-3764-00000403E3501407.jpg

F3193828-4FED-48D4-9456-AE8032B4475F-3764-00000403F1B7F38A.jpg

9E78DF79-B3C4-4991-811D-364F01CAD0F8-3764-000004041FF0FFF6.jpg

470D5B37-2198-444A-97EE-56D987183246-3764-000004040ABEC718.jpg

52E38064-2A40-43CE-BBEB-A3CE544C8FE8-3764-000004041A045B93.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

That's a really nice looking GT to start with Charles...can't wait to see you work your magic with it. :popcorn:

varosd

Looks great and those massive rear tires always make the GT14 look like a nitro Funny care stance!

JackC

The GT14 has got to be one of the neatest tractors ever made. It is all beef and brawn.

Looks like a good original that just needs a few things.

Good luck with it. Fix it right and keep it as original as you can.

Sparky

Nice lookin machine. Good luck with the repairs! Keep us informed as you go.

Mike..........

jay in nc

very nice , do the doaner proud Jay

krazy_horse

Looks like the repairs will be pretty simple and cheep, a good score for sure. krazy_horse

CRE1992

Thanks Guys!!! I need to get a new muffler. I forgot to mention, I need to get a spring or something also as the Clutch pedal/ brake pedal needs a new spring or something as it is in the down position until put into gear. Anyone have a parts manual, and a wiring schematic for this? I would appreciate it greatly.

CRE1992

I actually just found the manuals here on redsquare! And the wiring schematic.

CRE1992

Alright so here are the part numbers of some of the things that it needs:

Right Hand Steering Arm: 8515

Spring 1230

Muffler 8275

I also need a hydraulic lift lever as they improvised with 1/4" key stock.

If anyone has the right hand steering arm, and would not mind loaning it out to possibly have a new one machined up if I can not locate one I would appreciate it. I am in contact with Brrly1 and Jdog at the moment to see if they have any.

-Charles

Tankman

Nice, a home for the GT.

Might give partstree.com a peek-a-boo. The parts you need are probably available.

Good luck. Off to a great start!

KC9KAS

"I also need a hydraulic lift lever as they improvised with 1/4" key stock."

Maybe not....I was looking for a replacement (round type) lever and found out there were some square ones.

I will look in my PM's and see who on here had the square one for sale.

Ok, here is the thread...

Kelly

I think I have the right steering arm, I have 2 parts GT14's I know I sold one right steering arm, I may have the return spring also, send me a PM.

• Like 1

CRE1992

I checked partstree: the parts I need are NLA

Nice, a home for the GT.

Might give partstree.com a peek-a-boo. The parts you need are probably available.

Good luck. Off to a great start!

Jake Kuhn

Looks very nice charles! can't wait to see when you get to working on it!

CRE1992

Looks very nice charles! can't wait to see when you get to working on it!

Me either jake, unfortunately it won't be moving as I wont be home for another two weeks because of school.

bowtieguy

Just a note of caution...on the engine shroud of my GT-14 was a sticker that read: Do Not Remove Spark Plug Wire to Stop Engine

I didn't read it until I pulled the spark plug wire out of the coil to stop the engine (key switch was not functional)....a new coil costs me 110 bucks and that was in 1998.

You will like the GT...best riding and steering WH that I ever owned....maybe fltlander in KS will post a pic of it in its new suit...(ask him if he will ever do another GT!)

neil

great tractor

You wont regret buying it , I have two GT14s and i use mine all the time

you will have some great fun when she is up and running

good find

tbbahner

From Fltlander, no I will NEVER do another GT14. Love the tractor but I think green and yellow engineers designed it. A pain in the posterior to work on.

That's a great lookin tractor you have. Congrats.

Tom B

Untitled-1.jpg

fireman

Nice! The muffler is NLA but I have seen them come up on Ebay. Last one I saw sold for over $100. I gonna start a pool and take bets on how long before it's for sale :ychain:

SALTYWRIGHT

MY GT-14 HAS A SQUARE LEVER ALSO. THE GT-14 IS A VERY GOOD HEAVY DUTY TRACTOR. I USE MINE FOR PLOWING.

CRE1992

great tractor

You wont regret buying it , I have two GT14s and i use mine all the time

you will have some great fun when she is up and running

good find

Thanks, however I got it for free. So it makes it even better! :happy-jumpeveryone:

From Fltlander, no I will NEVER do another GT14. Love the tractor but I think green and yellow engineers designed it. A pain in the posterior to work on.

That's a great lookin tractor you have. Congrats.

Tom B

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up that GT14 looks nice!!

Nice! The muffler is NLA but I have seen them come up on Ebay. Last one I saw sold for over $100. I gonna start a pool and take bets on how long before it's for sale :ychain:

Lol Get of of here! :violence-blades:

Im not gonna bother trying to find a NOS muffler. I found a replacement one that is a little longer for $36

https://www.allparts...mNumber=AM30280

MY GT-14 HAS A SQUARE LEVER ALSO. THE GT-14 IS A VERY GOOD HEAVY DUTY TRACTOR. I USE MINE FOR PLOWING.

Thanks Russ, I think I will be on the search for a snow plow for it.

:thanks:

-Charles

glgrumpy

Snow plow.....Joe's outdoor power on epay had one. think the list ran out, but might call. Made for GT 14 specific, they are diff than other models. I would like it, but short cash now. Was $199 buy it now or make offer when listed. Not too bad for shape it was in and is bigger at 54" wide. Mine just has a standard pepper shaker generic muffler on it and seems fine. Gonna be a stack some time. Like the rear sticker "Whee Horse", ha!

• Like 1

Ole MN

Can't beat a 14, they are a work horse. :handgestures-thumbupright:

baerpath

Charles

I have a pushblade off a GT14 Maybe we can work another deal

Duane