Sign in to follow this  
muz

Loader for 520H

muz

Does anyone know of any current manufacturer of loader attachments to Wheel Horse since Kwik Way stopped making them? I'm looking for an option to buying a much more expensive tractor to have a loader.

JackC

A new one, if available, would probably cost an arm and a couple legs.

Although many do, I personally would not put a loader on a wheel horse other than a D series.

You would be looking for a used one which do come up now and then in about the $1,000 plus price range.

There is a guy in Vermont who is selling a diesel Toro Wheelhorse 523 DXI tractor and loader for $2500.00 or best offer model 73550.

He needs the money to put a loader on his Kubota. That should tell you something.

It has been listed for awhile so he may take less.

Nick

Nothing new would be available that i know of and as said it wouldn't be cheap if their was one. The 520, especially a swept axle model, will handle a loader fine if used within reason. Counter weight is mandatory and duals can help keep things a little safer.

Forest Road

I have a kwik way loader on a 522 xi. It has power steering and the weight box. It's identical to the one in VT. I've heard that hose diesel engines had some issues. The xi tractors are much larger than the c series 300s etc. They weigh 1000lbs without any attatchements.

As for the capabilities it is a small machine in the world of loaders. I use mine for moving sand, gravel, logs, and hopefully snow this winter. It works well for me. I run approx. 500 lbs in the weight box. The more weight the better! If your planning on using yours like I do I'm confident you'll be fine.

gomer gump

i have a kwik way loader on my 520h as long as you have the fwd swept axle an a rear counterweight system the loader works great just don,t try to over kill what the tractor,s capable of doing know your limits . as far as finding a loader and sub frame that might be difficult look on craigs list go through the states you probably will find one might have to travel to get it . or if your good with a welder an you know someone who has one build it yourself .or last check with local farmers alot of them have wheel horse equip or check used farm implement yards might get lucky an find one there found mine on craigs list 3 yrs ago but their getting rare like all wheel horse equip hard to find . actually went to kwik way factory a few years back an talked to them you might try calling them they may send you a copy of the sub frame dimensions and loader/ bucket dimensions they should still have that in their files they were friendly folks there give it a try good luck

• Like 1

mrc

hi muz,, wh dealer boyden&perron in amherst mass. has a used kwikway loader for sale. call 413-253-7358. ask for tom. good people, hope this helps.. mike in mass.

muz

Thanks for all the tips. I've contacted Tom and you're right he was very helpful.

Kmeyer3

Why are your discussions about equipment posted in year 2012?  It is 5yrs old not very helpful. If I am doing something wrong,please correct my thinking.

WNYPCRepair
34 minutes ago, Kmeyer3 said:

Why are your discussions about equipment posted in year 2012?  It is 5yrs old not very helpful. If I am doing something wrong,please correct my thinking.

It appears you found and replied to a post from 2012. I'm not sure what else you are confused about

• Like 2