Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorseSteve

Wheel Horse Riding Leaf Blower!

WheelHorseSteve

So after riding behind many a town tractor-mounted (rear PTO) leaf blower I got thinking that maybe such a setup would be helpful for those monster piles of leaves in the Fall. The backpack blower is king for control -- getting into the corners and small spaces -- but lacks in the grunt to move tall piles of leaves quickly. On the flipside, the walk-behind blowers are powerful but are a bear to handle on sloped hills.

Here is what I came up with:

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-2.jpg

It works great! Now I just need a cup holder. Thanks again to Scott for the heavy hitch! (love it!)

• Like 5

CasualObserver

That's a pretty cool little setup. Clever! :thumbs:

nylyon

That is a NICE leaf blower, and best of all you're close enough for me to borrow it :ph34r:

WheelHorseSteve

That is a NICE leaf blower, and best of all you're close enough for me to borrow it :ph34r:

Ha ha... and you know your C-160 will haul it with ease! The best thing about the blower is that I got it from a guy who sold it as "not working" (for a *quarter* of its new price). It had low air in the tires and old gas. Some air and gas later and it starts and works like a champ! (and is in near-mint condition) Pays to know what things are worth, for sure! (and gotta love Craig's List!)

AMC RULES

Looks you're ready to git r done now...nice mod there.

Lars

Nice setup..

Jake Kuhn

Very nice setup! Thats gotta be fun to operate! ~Jake

JackC

Nice set up.

How about a leaf grinder that can suck em up, grind em up and spray them back out to fertilize my lawn?

I guess my mulching deck will do that?

Butch

That's not no cheap leaf blower either!

varosd

I spy some massive boulders that your leaf blower won't move! :D "Where did all the rocks come from? Glaciers brought them! Where did the glaciers go? Back to get more rocks!"

can whlvr

real nice setup,looks like it will work great

WheelHorseSteve

Thanks guys! I was thinking that this setup would be interesting when mowing since it would blow the clippings even farther away... Theoretically spreading them out further. I'll have to try it.

As for those boulders, they are from the construction of our house. I wish I could move them another 20 or 25 feet... It would make some nice potential lawn area. Unfortunately no Wheel Horse or Little Wonder is doing that. Boo!

smoreau

Looks great! Should make short work of those pesky leaves this fall. I have used a similar leaf blower on light snow with great success in winter for clearing a parking lot. Nothing wrong with this attachment! I want one!

dwayneGT

You must have been a Wheel Horse engineer in a past life! Here are some pic's of the setup I use, The blower housing rotates to an upward position and has a shoot that directs the leaves into a bag that hangs off the handle. It's also self propelled if you want to walk with it too. Great job on that mount and reciever :bow-blue: I wish I could weld!!

post-3761-0-20254800-1350243712_thumb.jp

post-3761-0-09635700-1350243735_thumb.jp

post-3761-0-58129700-1350243757_thumb.jp

post-3761-0-53121000-1350243790_thumb.jp

WheelHorseSteve

Nice rig, Dwayne! I confess -- I haven't done any welding yet (but it's on my bucket list to learn/do). Here was my trick:

http://www.fabworksoem.net/fmztma.htm

These guys sell all sorts of bracketry / hitches for commercial zero-turns. There is one for walk-behind blowers, backpacks and also spray tanks... which would be a nice option if you had a HUGE lawn (riding sprayer anyone?). As for the 2" receiver, that is compliments of one of our very own --

I have one of these on each of the tractors and love it -- it's great for pulling the 4x8 trailer around and would be great for a weight box too. The possibilities are endless, really.

Ken B

Nice setup Steve. I need to make a heavy duty hitch like that. I have some seat time on your C-160 from days gone by, its a snow pushin monster!

WheelHorseSteve

Nice setup Steve. I need to make a heavy duty hitch like that. I have some seat time on your C-160 from days gone by, its a snow pushin monster!

Thanks Ken! Before you know it I'll have the plow and narrower tires / chains / weights on it... we all will. They're calling for a tough winter... I wouldn't mind that :-)