Fun Engineer

Seat Covers, Early 60's, White or Black Tufted center panel available now.

Fun Engineer

Welcome to Wheel Horse of Michigan.

We were formed out of the need to find a replacement seat cover for one of my garden tractor projects. These faithfully reproduced covers are made using quality marine grade vinyl, intended for years of dependable service. An original seat cover was used for the pattern to assure accuracy and fit. We manufacture both a white tufted and black tufted seat cover faithfully true to the original. Modern materials were chosen that most closely match the orginal vinyl material used in the 1960's for color, style and texture. Prototype covers were first introduced at the Wheel Horse Collectors show in Arendtsville, PA in 2012 to gauge interest.

These reproduction seat covers have additional material added to the sides and back to provide more coverage of the metal pan and a little more width to avoid overstretching the cover when you install them. These seat covers are custom cut and sewn to fit the 1960's metal seat pans. These covers can hide a lot of seat pan imperfections making your restoration efforts easier.

Installation is easy, you provide a restored or at least clean metal pan, nylon cord and 1 or 1 1/2 inch foam for the seat. Cut the foam into pieces to match the angles of metal pan. I like to use 3M Spray Adhesive to adhere the foam to the pan. Carefully warm the seat cover either in the sun or over a heat register and carefully stretch it over the metal pan and foam beginning at the back. Thread the cord through the seat cover and tighten.

The cost for the covers are $55 each which includes shipping anywhere in the USA.

We take money orders, cash or PayPal.

These two pictures are of the covers not yet installed on a pan.
Black White

IMGP5106_zps95ecf512.jpg67RangerSeatCover.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of a white seat installed on a tractor.
IMGP5110_zpsc8c431c3.jpgblackandwhite.jpgblackseat5.jpg

Either PM or email me at burleyfarm@gmail.com if your interested.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

Fordiesel69

Thanks for the order Mike. Your new seat cover is on its way.

Buckshot 1

:) Will those seat covers fit the seat pan on my 656? If so any chance of red and white? Thank you for your time. :flags-usa:

Fun Engineer

Don

Thanks for your interest. Do you have a picture of your seat pan? These should fit your 656 if its the original seat pan. I didn't plan on doing any custom colors as its pretty expensive and takes a lot of my time to coordinate colors and purchasing materials for one seat. The cost ends up exceeding $90. Let me know if you're interested in one in that price range and how you imagined the color layout and I'll look into it further.

Dave

Kelly

Dave these look very nice, one question are the pleats stitched in to the center section or are they formed as the orig. was?

Fun Engineer

Kelly

Thanks for looking. Both the black and white seat cover centers are dielectric heat seamed. Just like the originals. I did a pink one for Scott, whfan74 for his daughters pink Lawn Ranger. Pink doesn't come in the dielectric seam so we had to stitch his. It still looked pretty good. I'm waiting to see it installed on her tractor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dave

Fun Engineer

We have new reproduction seat covers made for the mid 60's tractors with the one piece cover which also fits the two piece seat.

IMGP5109_zpseae3f6ee.jpgIMG_0503_zpsa0a9cb66.jpgIMG_0506_zpsab3f0430.jpgblackseat5.jpg

IMGP5108_zps4c49725b.jpgThe white seat you see above has been in use for about a year and a half.

We were formed out of the need to find a replacement seat cover for one of my garden tractor projects. These faithfully reproduced covers are made using quality marine grade vinyl, intended for years of dependable service. An original seat cover was used for the pattern to assure accuracy and fit. We manufacture both a white tufted and black tufted seat cover faithfully true to the original. Modern materials were chosen that most closely match the original vinyl material used in the 1960's for color, style and texture. Prototype covers were first introduced at the Wheel Horse Collectors show in Arendtsville, PA in 2012 to gauge interest.

These reproduction seat covers have additional material added to the sides and back to provide more coverage of the metal pan and a little more width to avoid overstretching the cover when you install them. These seat covers are custom cut and sewn to fit the 1960's metal seat pans. These covers can hide a lot of seat pan imperfections making your restoration efforts easier.

Installation is easy, you provide a restored or at least clean metal pan, nylon cord and 1 or 1 1/2 inch foam for the seat. Cut the foam into pieces to match the angles of metal pan. I like to use 3M Spray Adhesive to adhere the foam to the pan. Carefully warm the seat cover either in the sun or over a heat register and carefully stretch it over the metal pan and foam beginning at the back. Thread the cord through the seat cover and tighten.

The cost for the covers are $55 each which includes shipping anywhere in the USA.
We take money orders, cash or PayPal. PM me or contact me at burleyfarm@gmail.com

Edited by Fun Engineer

redrooster

Do you have a seat cover to fit a 1979 C 141

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Fun Engineer

Redrooster

Sorry the only ones I make are for the early 60's that you see in the above pictures.  Thanks for asking.

Dave

• Similar Content

• Bodean
      By Bodean
      In search of bottom plate for 854 two pieces tank mine is cracked will take whole tank if one is available i have a replacement gasket already thanks

• Bodean
      By Bodean
      Slow but sure turning the corner get big red back together waiting on transmission seals 

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Picked up a 1972 Commando 800 w/36” rear discharge. From the grandson of the original owner. Hasn’t run in decades but have no doubt that with some cleaning up of carb, fuel system and check the head, it will run like a Horse.
      Has anyone ever seen the steering cap logo like this? 

• Donavon
      By Donavon
      Need ideas to convert my 1054 A Frame plow into a snow blower
      Any idea's?
    • BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible.