Sign in to follow this  
Indy520H

I'm sure this has been attempted

Indy520H

Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone has tried to take a newer model wheel horse deck and bagger attachment and make them work on an older model. I have an 88 520H and was trying to find a way to get the leaves up this fall. I really don't want to have to borrow a cub cadet for that and for love of god my only other option is the other neighbor's snapper :eek:

Tankman

Try towin' a sweeper? I did for years, a Parker behind my 36" rear discharge.

Indy520H

I think that may be my only other option

sorekiwi

I've never used a bagger, but my Craftsman sweeper does a great job on the leaves.

Tankman

My Echo backpack blower does an excellent job too.

The backpack blower works really great when the neighbors are away! :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

Kelly

I turn my son Ryan loose on a beater vert shaft with a 42" RD deck and a sweeper, I leave the deck up a little, it does very good job, I picked up a near new sweeper this summer, that will get a work out this weekend the leaves are a falling fast here.

100_3053.jpg

This is from 2 years ago.

tommyg

If you have the cash and a good amount of leaves to pickup, nothing does it better than the Cyclone rake. Adapts to all mower decks and sucks up leaves like there's no tomorrow. I've had mine for 8 years without trouble. Besides my own, I pick up the neighbor's leaves which generally lay 4 inches thick!

Kid mechanic

I have a Trac-vac which is set up for a 520H with a 60 inch deck which I would be willing to sell. The 5 horse Briggs motor has been replaced and has about 20 hours or less of run time. The unit is very serviceable, but is not a show piece. If you are not familiar with this ouotfit, it is a tractor mounted motor with a covered trailer and hoses from the mower discharge to the motor and from there to the trailer. It does a really good job. I am in Princeton, Indiana, about 3 hours away from you.

KC9KAS
Kid mechanic Welcome to GTT.

shorts

Kelly has the right program, no child labor laws when their having fun. I put the wife or the neighbor on the Huskvarna hydro with the bagger and I man the compost pile with the C120/shredder and a pitchfork, double chopped oak leaves into tjhe pile with some septic tank bacteria and sprinkle with the hose to make it a fast acting compost pile for use in the spring.

• Like 1