Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

I drove my first D-200 today!

kpinnc

Today was the first time I've seen a D series tractor in person. There aren't many WH tractors down here in North Carolina, so it was really a treat for me!

I thought my tractors were kinda big- HOLY COW THAT THING IS HUGE! :D

I had no idea. Seems to me the thing is as big as a Kubota diesel farm tractor.

The guy who has it said he would sell it, but the price broke my heart. :P It has a 3 point hitch, and the rear PTO. It runs like a charm, and he insisted I drive it! He didn't have to insist long....

I envy you guys who have these monsters. I've ridden 520s (and they are certainly very nice, very powerful machines, and I'd love to have one), but this thing is almost intimidating. Man, I wish I had a bigger garden!

The 520, in my opinion, is still a "nicer" machine, and a D series is more than I would ever need, but it was a blast to get to drive it.

Kevin- blabbering in amazement...

nylyon

I had a chance over the summer to see my first D as well, it was Mikes D160, although I didn't get to drive it (he's a good judge of character :D ) but you're right those are big machines alright!

Jim_M

I have a few of the big old beasts. As soon as I get around to putting the cab on this one I'll be ready for the snow.

Picture200061.jpg

Rollerman

Well I had a D 200.."not long..LOL" but still have my D160.

They are neat tractors & it takes up 2 tractor spots in my garage... :D

I like the D160 1 lunger better for useing(steerings lighter)than the D 200 I had...the 200 had some pretty worn out controls...well everything.

Jim glad to see you on the site!, thats a mean looking D too with the rear weights & snow blower.

I beleive I talked to you once about a snowplow for a D?

I'f you still have one PM me...thanks.

Stephen in northern IN

Sparky

This is my D-160 that Karl mentioned. I have only had about 30 minutes seat time. It needs some work but I hope to get it all set for this years WH show in PA.

Mike.......

BigEd005.jpg

BigEd004.jpg

Sparky

Jim...which "D" do you have, 160, 180, 200?

Mike........

Jim_M

Here's my D-160, not as pretty as yours!

D160-4.jpg

Jim_M

Sparky,

In answer to your question....Yes.

Jim

kj4kicks

Those D's are quite the battle-cruisers !

I haven't had the pleasure yet, but hopefully someone will toss me the keys in June!

Eldon.

wh79d160

Hey Kevin , I know exactly the way you felt, I bought my 1st tractors over the weekend. A friend told me about a D-160 & a 1811 cub , neither of which meant a thing to me,sitting in a yard here in Kansas w/4-sale signs on them. I went & looked & bought them both. I've been workin/playin on the D every nite & haven't touched the cub. They are both real nice. I took my JD green Bro in-law to look @ them w/me & he even told me to get em. The D has a 56" dozer/snow blade, 48" deck thats like new, 3-point w/Brinly adapter, 150 lbs of weights& all the manuals. It has 903 hrs on it. It runs great. The hydro input shaft & engine couple have been replaced & the center lift cylinder has been rebuilt, but it's leaking a little from the front. The guy said the cylinder end had to be cut off , cylinder rebuilt & end welded back on. Looks like the hydro pump drips a little also. As soon as I'm home in the daylight, I'll take some pictures & post them. The more I work on his tractor, the more I'm hooked on it. I've learned alot about it just reading everyones posts, Thanks, Tom

wh79d160

I forgot to ask, I dont have chains for it, just weights & regular turf tires. The guy I bought it from said I didn't need them, but then again , he said some other thing he was a little off on. We only get maybe 6" to 8" if that, of snow @ a time, so maybe he's right. What do you guys think? If I do need them, can I get them anywhere?

nylyon

With the turf tires and a plow I would suspect you would want to get yourself some chains. Several times last year plowing with my 414 with AG tires on it, I wished that I had chains. With turfs, I would think you would want them.

Jim_M

Even with the 150 pounds of wheel weights the turf tires are pretty helpless without chains.

kpinnc

I've been collecting the smaller tractors for as far back as I can remember, and the D-200 I saw today dosen't even fit into the same category as anything I have. I have seen hundreds of pictures, and it just blew me away at the size of it!

I have even seen a D-250, but it just didn't seem that it was even the same caliber machine. I guess it's all about perception...

The pictures you guys have up ALL look WAY better than the one I drove today, but it had all the goodies with it: 48 inch deck, 3 pt hitch, rear PTO, bottom plow, HUGE cultivator, rear scrape blade, etc... BUT the guy wanted $2700 without ANY implements. Aside from being outside my price range, I could never justify that on it. I think he will come off of that amount a little, but not much. If it were in incredibly good condition, like a show tractor, I'd say it was worth it. It ran very well, and the hour meter showed about 450 hours, but I just think it was too much. the guy who has it is getting everything together to restore it, but said he'd take the $2700 only BEFORE he restores it. He will add a bit to it afterwards. Of course, I can't blame him on that mentality.

Still, I'd love to have one. No clue what I'd use it for, but I'd sure take it!

Kevin- probably sleeping tonight with DDDDDDDD, instead of ZZZZZZZZZ :D

CHARGER9AUTO

This is my D-160 that Karl mentioned. I have only had about 30 minutes seat time. It needs some work but I hope to get it all set for this years WH show in PA.

Mike.......

BigEd005.jpg

BigEd004.jpg

Mike, I once had a D-160 for $30 I picked up with no motor up in Huntington MA the guy wanted it out of his yard looking back now I'd should kept the tractor . Ben.....

T-Mo

There was a D-series on Craig's list here and the guy wanted $750. If my wife would have let me I would have it in my shed already. But I knew enough to not even bring it up to her, so......

But, someday I would love to have one.

kpinnc

Ben, if you run across another $30 D series, please let me know! :D

PLEASE!

Kevin