Sign in to follow this  
ol550

Sears GT 19.9

ol550

Found this on craigslist about 45 miles away. Bought it with intentions of putting the Onan in a 417 due

to a tired KT17. Has 251 hours on a working clock. Came with a front blade, deck with a bad spindle,

and a rear blade with electric lift. The actuator for the lift had something dropped on it and is in need of

another. After a quick bath to get rid of the green slime that covered it and points cleaning it runs. Now

I can't decide to leave it alone or pull the engine and part out the rest. Mike

HPIM1263.jpg

Sparky

Thats a nice old survivor Mike. I would leave it alone and either use it, or turn a buck selling it to a Sears enthusiast who would probably show it the respect it deserves.

If you and I were not so far away I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Mike...........

Ken B

I'm with Sparky, that a good beefy tractor right there.

AMC RULES

C'mon...hack that hoooer up...you can't save 'em all! :)

Kelly

My son has a SS16 pretty much same tractor it is a beast, if you do part it out let me know I'm sure he will buy some stuff off it.

DavidD

C'mon...hack that hoooer up...you can't save 'em all! :)

Thats a nice old survivor Mike. I would leave it alone and either use it, or turn a buck selling it to a Sears enthusiast who would probably show it the respect it deserves.

If you and I were not so far away I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Mike...........

I have a Craftsman 6000, I mow with it during summer, and set it up with a blade, 100 lb per wheel weights, and chains. It is pretty stout, has the twin cylinder. Only have trouble with keeping the drive belt alive on it. If you have that much stuff with it, maybe you should work it? Or, how much are we talkin?

CRE1992

I would keep it as it.

DavidD

So would I.

AMC RULES

I'd carve that ugly duckling up like a thanksgiving turkey to allow one of our :wh:'s to keep on working. :twocents-twocents:

• Like 1

312Hydro

I'd carve that ugly duckling up like a thanksgiving turkey to allow one of our :wh:'s to keep on working. :twocents-twocents:

OH,Man! :laughing-rofl: Can't catch breath,must breathe! This is probably one of the funniest quotes ever.

No disrespect to that Sears though. I'd keep it as is.

AMC RULES

Well...I would. :)

• Like 1

pond195520032003

I myself would leave it as it is (all together) (had 2 of them) i have a roper 18t hydro, basicly same model except an automatic! the 19.9s are actually a 20hp. i also have a 71 SS14 and a 62 suburban 725! i have 65 different attachments sofar for my roper :)

Wheel-N-It

It's a good canidate for restoration or just freshening up to be a working Sears tractor. Find yourself a good running V-Twin engine for that 417 if the KT is not rebuildable. I've got 417, and they are great machines. Keep in mind if you are patient a good engine you can transplant will come your way, then you will have two nice LAGTs. Two good running/working LAGT's are much better than one.

DavidD

I agree with the sentiment is hilarious, my WH works, but I have more than one place to maintain.

Buy I am serious, Ol550, are not that far away, let me know if you want to move it on.