Sign in to follow this  
brandon701

Wheel Horse Tiller attachment

brandon701

Did wheel horse make something like this?

post-5619-0-46418200-1349285172.jpg

CasualObserver

yes. But you wouldn't want it. PM me the location of this ridiculously common item and I'll come take it away so it doesn't bother you! :hide:

Seriously though.... yes. WT-30 tiller. Made in 1960 for the suburbans. Should also come with a larger speed reduction pulley for the trans.

brandon701

How does it attach to the tractor?

another image

post-5619-0-29004800-1349286270.jpg

CasualObserver

Here's the pic from the manual (which I also just placed here ---> )

wt-30attach.jpg

Pretty rare find.... and I don't like to use that word. Many things are scarce.... but that one I'd say is rare to find. Looks like that one's in really nice shape as well.

brandon701

How much doesnt something like that go for?

CasualObserver

"Doesn't" go for? Nothing. It definitely doesn't go for nothing. :)

What would it sell for? Hard to say. Never seen one sell. But I'll tell you that last week there was a postcard advertising piece of this tiller on ebay that brought over $100. It's like any other Suburban attachment. Who's near it, who wants it and how much does money mean to that person? The only comparison I could make might be a Suburban snowblower which is pretty hard to find too, and I've seen a few of those sell in the $150 range. (give or take) If I were to guess, the WT-30 tiller would probably bring an easy $200, and could maybe double that depending on where it is and who wants it.

rydogg

If I was close enough or could get it shipped I would give the sellers asking price. I hadn't seen one until I saw the post card on ebay last week I did notice that there is one in the implements picture gallery.

Maybe I could set something up with the Stevasaurus trucking company and get it here for next years Minnesota show :ychain: