Sign in to follow this  
njdpo

new 310-8 finally home

njdpo

Hi all,

After some minor repairs to a 310-8 I picked up a few months back - I finally got it operable.

• Flat tires (tubed)
  • Siezed engine (unseized - and running nicely ), engine oil changed :techie-eureka:
  • new gas line
  • starter motor swapped out
  • new solenoid

The plow blade was attached and I am using an "S" hook for the linkage - for the time being. I've seen a few postings which describe a chain connection and that there is a fixed linkage for the plow blade as well ... Will the lift link PN 7706 work for my setup ? ( seen in : )

Anyway - while the 310-8 has a few minor issues I am very impressed with the way it runs, I immediately put her to work on a large pile of wood chips in the back yard leveling out a bumpy part of my propertly. The "S" hook did occasionally pop off - so if anybody has any photos of how the chain is made / connected (and details such as chain lengths, bolt diameters, etc) please feel free to talk about whats working for you, and of course - what NOT to do is welcome also . Im thinking the chain setup will get me in business until I find myself a lift link - and that the chain may be a better setup for snow removal with the blade.

Being used to a Commando 800 / 3spd ... Getting accustomed to the 8 spd gearbox was interesting - with the plow work I can see how the low range is really geared for hard labor. Perhaps tire chains might not be a bad idea when using the plow blade - even in the dirt. Im not knocking the 8spd gear tranny - but I could see where a well built hydro would be easier for the repeated "back and forth" motions of pushing dirt and chips around.

Question - I did notice my shoulder being pretty darn sore from repeatedly lifting/dropping that plow blade... Is there a hydraulic pump / lift setup available for these machines (OEM or homemade) ? I have a snow blower for this machine for the winter - so Im wondering if such a pump could be used for the plow blade and the snow blower.

Thanks - Dave

Wheel-N-It

Dave, I use two lift assist springs on my 312-8speed to help with manually raising the tiller. They help greatly. Unfortunately I do not have experience with a WH front blade as I have a Cub Cadet 1650 for that kind of LAGT duty. It has hydro lift. However you should be able to install some kind of lift assist spring for the front blade. You will probably have to experiment a little regarding type and placement of the spring.

Van