whfan74

Finally.....movin forward with the 500

whfan74

Thanks you guys! It has turned out to be a real fun project for the two of us. Just wish we could find some more time to focus on it. Need to wrap up the motor and get it on the tractor for the little guy. He is really getting the itch to take it for a spin on the property. I will give him credit, he has been a pretty patient 3 year old through this whole process. Thanks for following along everyone!

massey

Great teamwork there. It's coming along real nicely. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Lars

Scott..

it looks great keep the good work up.... realy cool wheel bolts/nuts u have there

COMMANDO6

Wow great work. I love those bolts.

whfan74

Things continued to get pushed back on my son's tractor. Well today it fired up for the first time. Need to dial a few things in still but she lives. Still need to finish up the dash, install the ignition as well as the cables, finish up the seat, and a couple of other small adjustments and she will finally be done. He was excited to say the least and has been one patient little trooper through all of this. He was pretty excited to see his tractor pop right off this evening.

Here it is.......

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic and the dust on the tractor. Hoping to give it a good wipe down here soon when it is all complete!

post-919-0-40348100-1355010618.jpg

• Like 1

Gene_S

That's a great picture Scott! I'm sure Zachs smile will last until he falls asleep tonight! For some reason the picture you text me tonight would not download and I'm sure it was this one anyways!

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

tractor looks awesome scott! :handgestures-thumbup: Your son looks so happy and bet he can't wait to drive it. ~Jake

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thats great news Scott, and Zach looks very happy! :text-datsphatyo: The Lady Ranger better watch out, because he'll be giving his sister a run for her money in no time. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Edited by bowtiebutler956
  • Like 1

whfan74

Thanks you guys......he was one proud boy tonight! Of course only being 3, his attention span didn't last long. He quickly moved over to the 522xi and was checking out the snow plow on it. Haha!

@Matt......he has had some "slow" races with big sister already. Can't wait to put them on their own tractors and turn them loose

I am sure Martin will appreciate the seat on this one........hey have a towel I can borrow???? :ychain:

Edited by whfan74
  • Like 2

PeacemakerJack

It is amazing how many cool stories encased in threads like this are “hiding” here on the forum!  Thank you @AMC RULES for finding this one and posting the link.  I just finished reading the whole thing and very much enjoyed the read and the pictures. @whfan74 please post a couple of follow up pics here on this thread if you get a chance sometime.  I have had a vision to do this with my kids for about six or seven years. Reading this has encouraged me to definitely follow through with it!

• Like 2