Sign in to follow this  
wh1257

who is ready for the winter 2012-2013 ?

dwayneGT

Well Guys,Our winters are a lot milder than a lot of you have. During the last week I finished stacking our three cords of hardwood. Yesterday I climbed up on our roof and ran the wire bristled brush and cleaned out the flu or stack. Now we are ready to fire up the Fisher Papa Bear and it wont be long as most of the time we have our first fire by Oct. 18th. O and I changed my seat cushion on the tractor from the summer to the winter one. Now to buy some Kero for the garage heater. Regards, Jim

I have a GrandMa Bear, what great stoves they are! I didn't burn a drop oil last year. My wife thinkks I'm nuts "why are you messing with the snow blower it's only October" I said after last year winter we're due!

Wheel-N-It

Winter??? I'm still mowing and using the weedeater!

Jake Kuhn

I'll be putting the blower and blade on the c120 and 401 in the next couple of weeks. I'll get pics when I do. ~Jake

wh1257

lets see the pics !!

Wishin4a416

I am ready. Dont know how much snow we'll get. Its different every year.

IMG_1684.jpg

3609horse

I have two with blowers on right now, a 161 with a different hood, a C81, a Commando 800 with atv tires and weight box that is waiting for me to mount the blade, and a B60 with a blade already mounted. I just picked up a mid mount grader blade to scrape the slush. I am ready this year so there won't be any snow, lol.

Gene,,

post-6058-0-00433200-1350873453_thumb.jp

post-6058-0-96631400-1350873536_thumb.jp

post-6058-0-46762400-1350873643_thumb.jp

• Like 2

brandon701

I'm ready for snow

post-5619-0-00231800-1351104875_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Road-Track

Still have to pick the 2nd bigger snow blower for the C165 and install the Snow cab on the C145. Guess I should rebuild the blown engine too...

I have 7 cord stacked and seasoned. Just about done on shingling the long roof. Will do the short side next year. Already burning wood and have not used and other heat source for 4 years now.

squonk

Just finished filling my 23x8.50x12 ag's with RV antifreeze. 80 lbs worth. One more leaf mowing session and they are going on. :thumbs:

Ken B

I'm not ready for winter, shoot I ain't even ready for tommorow.

• Like 1

MalMac

I do believe that I am in the same club as Ken B.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Here is my c120. Just put some rear wheel weights on it tonight. I need some tri ribs for the front but these will have to do until I get some extra money for some. I need to swap the trans in the black 401 and I will use that one as backup. ~Jake

post-4240-0-73075300-1351816605_thumb.jp

546cowboy

That's one heck of a deal JackC. Really nice looking tractor for that money. :bow-blue:

dbartlett1958

Getting things ready for the snowblower install. Today I installed my Hydro foot pedal kit from Matt D. Pretty slick set-up. I am hoping it will make things easier with one less thing for my hands to be doing.

Also, I just realized that my 416-H is a 1990 model, not 1991 as I had previously thought based on info I got from the PO. I was looking at pictures of JackC's 416 and noticed his has the console levers unlike mine which has, or rather had until today, the transmission lever sticking up from the shift cover plate. It is now removed as I will be using foot pedal.

So my tractor is a year older than I thought. Even better. I will take some pictures of everything when I get the blower on and the Hydro pedal linkage all adjusted.

redidbull

I mentioned in the snow thread this storm caught me. Tractor wasn't even covered has no blade nor blower and even my snowblower isn't accessible. At least our fourwheel drive vehicles are all running so we all can get out to work. Jim

WheelHorseSteve

I mentioned in the snow thread this storm caught me. Tractor wasn't even covered has no blade nor blower and even my snowblower isn't accessible. At least our fourwheel drive vehicles are all running so we all can get out to work. Jim

Yeahhh... so much for 1-2" !! We got 8-9" here in Newtown. I was planning on just driving over it or using the grader blade on the C-100. I don't have the plow on the C-160 and the snowblower was a pain to get out. Figures too... this was definitely plowing snow.

Old man Winter has come early!

Tankman

I did not need another horse but could not pass up this deal. Paid $550 for this 1991 416H with 42 inch snow blower, ATV tires, cleat chains (removed), FMC cast iron wheel weights, solid with no dents 48 inch SD mower deck (not shown), and plow hitch on back axle. The twin ONAN has 705 hours and starts and runs perfect. I normally use an Ariens 1032 walk behind but will try this if we get snow this year.

Great deal! I would've hopped on that one!

Ready for winter but, don't like it. At 65 the kids should come home and remove the white stuff.

•For dusting, back pack blower is ready.

•Heavier snow, the 414-8 has the plow, at the ready.

•Raider 12 snow blower is sitting, not mounted. Hopefully won't need it.

•Leaf season is almost over. Side discharged to the woods and/or road.

I purchased, I thought, a 418-8. Delivery this weekend, a 416-8 w/ two mower decks (42" and 48")..

A great price either way and a winter project at the barn.

ricksrj58

i am ready and waiting for snow,mounted my blower on my c-81 and put the blade and chains on my 953.

SAM_0903.jpg

MalMac

ricksrj58, I hope you have been building up that left arm of yours. Lifting that monster up front will be no fun. Good looking set up though.

ricksrj58

thanks,it is a little heavy to lift but not as bad as i thought it would be. lol

HorseFixer

Tim, Iron Man Rick is 39 and we are Ole Timers. However after 2 qts of apple juice :dance: and getting loosened up I think I can do just about anything! :eusa-whistle:

Im trying to get my :wh: ready still much to do. :handgestures-thumbupright:

~Duke

• Like 1

ricksrj58

here is my 953 all ready for the snow

SAM_0911.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

both tractors ready for the snow to fall!

DSCN0622.jpg?t=1352588805

DSCN0623.jpg?t=1352588780

• Like 1

nylyon

Finally got my winter removal team put together yesterday. For the past couple of years that consisted of the 414-8 with a 48" blade along with the 416H with a 42" blower and the Toro 521 2-stage sitting in the shed. This year, I'm parking the 416 and the 414-8 with the blade and the Toro 521 will be taking over full time duties. For me I just don't use the 42" blower too much as it takes a TON of space in the garage and I think that I'll probably sell the blower a little later on due to lack of use.

AMC RULES

Tim, Iron Man Rick is 39 and we are Ole Timers. However after 2 qts of apple juice :dance: and getting loosened up I think I can do just about anything! :eusa-whistle:

Im trying to get my :wh: ready still much to do. :handgestures-thumbupright:

~Duke

Don't let that ol' apple juice do a number on you Duke...

remember, we don't heal as fast as them 30 year old guys anymore. :auto-ambulance::auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance:

• Like 1