Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Had A Special Celebrity Visit At The Horse Stable!

neil

Wow

What an honour that must have been Bob

You and the family looked like you have a fantastic time with this Guy

And such great pics

Any of those pics are calender worthy

Congratulations Bob

Just had a thought

perhaps you could get this guy to be a member here at RedSquare

That would be awesome

• Like 1

MalMac

Well congrats Duke, looks like and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looks like you made a great ambassador for are hobby and Red Square.

• Like 1

JimD

Looks like a great day Bob. :)

smoreau

Wow!! I bet you had a great time Duke! The pics say it all, Good for you making that connection with Fred! And it looks like your grand daughter had some fun too! :handgestures-thumbupright: :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Nice little collectible there, having him sign the magazine article too.

Looks like everyone had a great time...you're a good :wh: ambassador Duke. :thumbs:

• Like 1

fireman

Way to go Duke :handgestures-thumbupright: . Looks like you guys had a great time.

• Like 1

dclarke

Wow, what a great day Duke! Looks like you all had a great time.

• Like 1

midnight rambler

was going to say it looked like a kentucky headhunter. no pun intended

• Like 1

Kelly

That is very cool Bob, you did good.

• Like 1

buckrancher

looks like it was alot of fun

Ken B

I have that issue of L.A.G.T. He seems like a real cool guy. Sounds like you had a blast!

stevasaurus

Great pictures Bob...that is so cool. Making people that come to visit feel at home is what it is all about. Apple Pie and MJ's baked goodies...my money says they will be back again. :) A special day for sure mate. :)

Does this mean you guys are not wearing Michigan shirts at Scott's :ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Very cool duke! Always an honor to meet someone like that. Jake

Sparky

You lucky SOB!!!!

I'm totally jealous.... :eusa-clap: . Nice job representing Wheel Horse Duke.

Mike...........

CasualObserver

That was just real nice of you Bob and MJ! I imagine he doesn't get too many chances to enjoy his hobby on the road.

I'm with Mike though.... and jealous doesn't but barely begin to describe it!

roscoemi

Great job making that connection, it looks like you had a blast! :bow-blue: I never heard of them, liked the vid. I'll have to check out more of their stuff. Way to go flyin the Michigan colors too! :banana-skier:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys! :handgestures-thumbupright: Yes it was quite an honor, and was a great experiance. I can tell Fred was taken by the whole thing also, Its a tuff life being a musician yeah it seem glamorous but I seen alot behind the scenes, how you can have little privacy for example when I went to their Bus after the show people were crowded outside hoping to maul them or get an autograph long after they had allready signed them. Durring the course of our conversation we discussed our age and I asked Fred how old he was and he replied 54 this past July. Then he asked me and I said Son I will be 55 this Nov! :eek: He said Duke dont ever get in the music buisness it will age you quick. I think there is alot of truth to that having to work all those crazy hours eat food on the run yes its a fast paced life. I think thats why he enjoyed his visit with us so much as it was relaxing and slow paced. I mean how many times does he go to a do a gig and get to have time to talk and enjoy his hobby with someone as equally enthused as he is? He told MJ when I went out to the garage and locked up so we could go to the festival he said gosh I wished you guys lived closer! :) MJ said ya know we dont need much of a house.... Just a big Barn and Fred just laughed. He has a great sense of humor and is quite a charachter as you can tell at the end of that video.

Sometime durring our conversation I said Fred ya gotta come clean with me on sumptin, who is that chick in the video? :confusion-shrug: He replied its my WIFE! :jaw: He then laughed and said no Im just kidding Duke and then told me her name and then said he ended up getting in trouble with his wife cause of her givin him a kiss at the end of that video... And I said I can see why.... And then looked at MJ as she gave me the stink eye. :help: Yep it was quite an experiance and one that I wont forget.

~Duke

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Gee Duke do you actually own any clothes that are not From that Damn team that shall not be named from Ann Arbor? :ychain:

Cool story dude, I always thought that that band was just another country band till I watched that video those guys do know how to rock!! :banana-rock:

tunahead72

Below is a link to one of their Videos

WOW!

I grew up listening to the Grateful Dead version of that song, what a difference, I love 'em both!

I don't know anything about the Kentucky Headhunters, looks like it's time to do a little research ....

Thanks for telling us all about this Duke!

perry

good times duke :)

Coadster32

What a great story. Good for you to make it happen. Sounds like a heck of a person.

HorseFixer

Well yeah they are all great, but Ole Fred can beat them drums like nobodys buisness. :handgestures-thumbupright: At the Apple Festival this last friday when he did his drum solo, he beat them so hard the tambo reens went flyin off the stage, and so did a glass of water. :jaw: Earlier in the day at my stable I told him you sure can beat those drums as I had seen this video prior. I told him if a guy got in a fight with you that you would beat him to death. He just laughed. In the bus after their show I asked him if he was showin off as he knocked that stuff over. And he just smiled. :) Yep he is a good friend, and great performer. Altho I like the friend part better. :eusa-whistle: If you guys could keep Fred and Richard Youngs daddy in your prayers :pray: he is in the hospital right now, and not doin real good he is 90 years old.

:text-thankyouyellow: ~Duke

Oh one more thing susa your livin in Enemy Territory quick crackin on my team for I send my Posse of OSU haters to yer house. :ychain:

SousaKerry

Oh one more thing susa your livin in Enemy Territory quick crackin on my team for I send my Posse of OSU haters to yer house.

That's why I work near Lansing plenty of MSU Michigan Haters who have my back, but after OSU pounded them last week I have to keep a low profile :hide:

Oh and remind me again where UofM is ranked??????

HorseFixer

Oh one more thing susa your livin in Enemy Territory quick crackin on my team for I send my Posse of OSU haters to yer house.

That's why I work near Lansing plenty of MSU Michigan Haters who have my back, but after OSU pounded them last week I have to keep a low profile :hide:

Oh and remind me again where UofM is ranked??????

Rankings??? :hilarious: You can take Ohios Rankings and a roll of Charmin and go take a #*&T :text-thankyouyellow: :ychain: