Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

green machine

The Toolman

Got a 72- Model 112 with 12 hp Kohler an Electric Lift to put between my 2 wheelhorses at the little shows we go to. Kinda reminds me of Xmas colors, the red an green.....

Now I gotta find me an old 64 Simplicity landlord like my brother had (an gave me) when I was a kid to kinda complete my younger days mowing machines.

post-2300-0-71552600-1348844402.jpg

AMC RULES

Geeze...it's really clean for being so green, huh? :)

That's a nice one.

The Toolman

Just redone. Not for grass cutting anymore, took the mower off an stacked it with the WH deck an frt blade. Anymore I just take my tractors to shows. My little trailer is only 6 1/2 x 12 an will hold 4 tractors without decks. So I have room for my Simplicity when I get it, an the trl will be full. Sulky, tent an other stuff goes in trk bed, I'm full....hahahaha

1994 148,000 mile 4 cyl ranger to pull it with, so I am at the top end of trailer size for that engine an these Ozark hills. Here we are at the Ottawa Kans. Show

My paint on my C101 is all the same color, even though the back looks different, paint came from the same can an all painted at the same time. Its either my camera (real old) or the way the sun was hitting it.

post-2300-0-24265000-1348853255.jpg

post-2300-0-03260300-1348853380.jpg

post-2300-0-20665100-1348853396.jpg

post-2300-0-68651400-1348853412.jpg

post-2300-0-56698100-1348853434.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

As an AMC fan, of course I'm digging the Nash Metropolitan golf cart too...thanks for sharing those really :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Kelly

That is a really clean JD, I bet it cleaned your wallet too, the green ones around me bring good money.

The Toolman

Not as bad as a person might think. I had to re-do quite a bit of it myself. The guy I bought it from had to get rid of it to pay some bills, an he had rinky dinked a few things. Got'em fixed an the ol kohler purrs like a kitten now. Got the variator fixed like its suppose to be also. Just a whole lot of little things needed attention. But all in all, after it was said an done I'm happy with where I am $ wise in it. I had a few chances at Ottawa to get my $ plus a hundred or two profit if I wanted.

I really got the most looks from the the little womans 1981 A-81 RER with the sulky an cooler behind it, then the Deere, an only 1 guy was interested in talking/looking at my first, pride an joy, my C-101, couldn't believe it.

post-2300-0-81970100-1348877843.jpg

post-2300-0-02119100-1348877865.jpg

post-2300-0-90853300-1348877885.jpg

post-2300-0-42590300-1348877906.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

WOW! Thats a beautiful tractor! :handgestures-thumbup:

1maidenfan

As an AMC fan, of course I'm digging the Nash Metropolitan golf cart too...thanks for sharing those really :text-coolphotos:

:text-yeahthat: :text-coolphotos:

Wheel-N-It

You posted the pic of your 112 at the right time for me, thank you. Last night I brought a 112 home to get running for a good friend of mine who has just recently been bitten by the Vintage LAGT Bug. It is the standard 1969 112 with a Techy motor and manual gears. He picked it up from a friend who told him it ran good when parked two years ago. I'll try to post some pics of it next week so everyone can see what a "BEFORE" JD112 looks like compared to your "AFTER" :)

Your 112 is tops in my book!

baerpath

1994 148,000 mile 4 cyl ranger to pull it with, so I am at the top end of trailer size for that engine an these Ozark hills. Here we are at the Ottawa Kans. Show

Couple parts I have and we can raise that 2.3 upto 350/400hp lol

The Toolman

You posted the pic of your 112 at the right time for me, thank you. Last night I brought a 112 home to get running for a good friend of mine who has just recently been bitten by the Vintage LAGT Bug. It is the standard 1969 112 with a Techy motor and manual gears. He picked it up from a friend who told him it ran good when parked two years ago. I'll try to post some pics of it next week so everyone can see what a "BEFORE" JD112 looks like compared to your "AFTER" :)

Your 112 is tops in my book!

Thanks, I just bought another 72 112 on the cheap with a knocking K301AS kohler. He had just put brand new carlisle 24x1050x12 4 ply Turf Masters on it. Tires Unlimited is getting $91 a piece for these an he never even got to mow his yard. He started it an it started knocking, so he just went an bought a new box store mower. So I'll probably sell the tires since they are brand new an mounted on nice deep wheels. Anywho, I brought it home an started tearing it in a million pieces for spares an selling parts. You would be amazed at how big an thick the frame is on these when they are striped out. It looks like he also had just put a new $275 variator on it also. I'll take a pic of it before I chuck it in the scrap pile.

Mine an the one I bought have a electric lift, and I believe yours has a manual lift

The Toolman

Couple parts I have and we can raise that 2.3 upto 350/400hp lol

I know, slip a 302 in it....., I think I'll stick with it like it is for now. Back when I owned a shop I shoe horned several small block chevs in s-10's. Gas mileage was just as bad as when they were in the full size truck. But ya could twist the frames if ya tried real hard....hahaha

hm12460

Nice looking Ranger, I like it!

The Toolman

Heres a pic of the Deere frame after I stripped most of it. I had removed a coupla the cross braces here and the whole back end that the rear end bolts onto. Most everything was 1/4" steel on the frame with a part of the frame being 3/16"

The engine cradle (gone in this pic) was all 1/4" steel an helps tie the frt an sides of the frame together. It uses the same engine style as mine, rubber mounted and the oil pan with the hump for the rod dipper sticking out the bottom.

I can see why they are high priced if they are all built like this one

post-2300-0-17224600-1349617803.jpg

post-2300-0-60458100-1349617824.jpg

post-2300-0-02334800-1349617851.jpg

T-Mo

Pretty much all of the older JDs (and the newer X-series) are built heavy duty that way.

BTW, aren't you a somewhat new member of WFM. Anyways, I live in Missouri also and know of where there are some attachments for the square fender JDs, i.e. tiller, snow blower, front blade, etc.

On the '94 Ranger - nice. I have a '97 Ranger 5 speed, 4 cylinder. It doesn't look as nice as yours, but I bought it used and pretty much the cosmetics were inherited. It has 278,500 miles on it now and still runs good.

The Toolman

Yeah I live down here at the Lake of The Ozarks on the west end. All those people down by Bagnell Dam are rich an eat steak, we are at what you would call the bologna/poor peoples end of the lake....hehehe

Coupla other members live this way. Bowtie guy/man has a big spread down here an my other friends, Larry an Judy live a stones throw from me also. I can't remember what Larry goes by on here. I live right at Warsaw, an the others live just a few miles from town. I can get to either one of'ems in 10 min. or so.

Got a front blade the other day, but might be interested in a tiller. Mine has the electric lift an would take several parts to get a lift rod to/out the back end for a tiller. I'm getting ready to start hunting or buying new, the rod an small parts for the front blade/thrower lift. But later this winter I would be interested in the tiller.

I luv my little 4 banger 5 speed Ranger, if ya go for a short drive 5 miles or less it'll leave its mark on the drive overnight. If ya go on a long trip an get the oil really hot it'll never leave a spot the next morn. Doesn't smoke or use any, except when it leaves its mark. You know a teaspoon of oil will spread out to a 2 ft. round area. I think the cold oil is running back down the inside back of the block an oozing out somewhere, but not at the valve cover.

Anyway, I wouldn't trade it for nothin' no rust anywhere, somebody took good care of it that owned it before an probably put all highway miles on it. Got it for next to nothing because a highline had fell on it during that big ice storm in Springfield a few years back. It just put a small crease in the back edge of the top. $250 later an it looks like it was never there.

I have a 99 4 banger auto for the little woman also. These little suckers are hard to beat IMO

If yer ever at this end of the Lake, email me an let me know. Bowtie an Larry both have quite a collection of Horses to look at. I had to get a Deere to put between my Horses to keep'em from fightin'

I forgot, yes I am a fairly new WFM Guy, just a few weeks

T-Mo

Okay, I know who you are now. You have been posting a lot lately on WFM,

The guy who has the tiller, snow blower, etc. is named Kenny. He's near Potosi, Missouri and his number is 573-210-4328. His address is 11202 E. State Hwy E, Cadet, Mo. He doesn't have a computer, I don't think. He also has two complete John Deere 317s that run, one has been repowered with a Briggs and the other has the integral hitch (John Deere's term for sleeve hitch). He also has a bunch of Wheel Horses carcasses and parts, etc. And he likes to trade, especially for engines. He also has a bunch of John Deere carcasses/parts including square fender 110s and 112s.

The Toolman

Thank Ya Feller.......