Sign in to follow this  
njdpo

36 inch rear discharge deck - blade identification

njdpo

Hi all,

Working on a Commando 800, where the mower deck ( 36 inch read discharge ) was totally rotted.

Eventually I found another 36 (maybe 37) inch rear discharge deck (in pretty good shape) for $250, It was attached to a complete 310-8 WITH a plow blade and wheel horse cart as well.

Anyway the new deck went right on the Commando and works perfectly - but the blades are in pretty bad shape. My intentions were to take the blades from the rotted deck and move them over to the replacement deck - if needed. Turns out those blades are not going to fit.

The 3 blades from the original deck are held on with a bolt and large washer.

The 3 blades from the 310-8's deck are held on with a large nut - about 1 1/8 socket. I still have not gotten them off yet - may have to heat them up ?

I see no ID numbers on the replacement deck, are they stamped into the deck somewhere?

Can anybody give me an idea what part numbers I need to look for ? Tomorrow Ill head back out and check the width of the newer deck. ( if its bigger than the older 36 inch deck - its not by much ). I'm guessing I should have snapped a few pics.

- Thanks, Dave.

dbartlett1958

Dave,

A 36" deck of that era could well be a 05-36MR04.

That would use blade #107983, which is indeed held on by a big nut. There are flats on the shaft under the blade to use a wrench the same size as the nut, if you can find a thin one. Toro made and sold such a wrench which works great. Once you get things off, remember to use Never-Seize when you reassemble.

Hope this helps.