Sign in to follow this  
Cutlas3391

Won a Wheel Horse at an auction today..

Cutlas3391

Today was a good day at the auction i won this wheel horse for $80 and it runs. First of I hate auctions because everybody comes and bids high on junk and they think getting a good deal.I only went because a good friend asked me to.The auction started out slow and it took 4 hours in the cold wet rain to come around to this Hidden Wheel Horse behind a bunch of other tractors. Of course the local scrapper guy was there moping up all the unwanted steel. He was bidding against me and i wasn't going to let him take this little guy get away from me!!! So i won and have to pick it up Sunday or Monday. I didn't even check what model it was i know i just wanted to get away from the scrapper guy! It seems like thats my thing lately saving Wheel horses from a scrapper/scrap yard lol. Thats the 4th Wheel horse in 2 months.

post-8224-0-62733000-1348372092_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Wheel Crazy

Wow! Very nice save! You got a really good deal on it! Looks to be a old Suburban!

rj35hunter

Nice save!!!!! That's a 1961 551 Suburban. Looks like it might have the original engine too! I'm glad it got saved & not destroyed by someone who don't know any better, because its in nice original condition.

Clay

neil

you are a hero

well done you for saving that little beauty from the scrap man

It looks to be complete

If that came up for auction here in the UK , that would fetch around $1500, so you did well to save it

• Like 1

Tankman

Excellent save. Now is the Bills can follow thru! :laughing-rofl:

Cutlas3391

I can't wait to get it home and through it and see what it needs. Is it me or are these suburbans are becoming harder to find. I haven't see one for sale in a long time? Also tankman for the buffalo bills you can actually see the stadium from my house thank god there not playing home today I never would out of my street on gameday.

whfan74

Wow.......you grabbed it for a great price. Even has the guards still intact. Just need to add a heat shield and it looks like you will be all set. You did very well!

Let us know how everything works out once you get a chance to look in to it.

Jake Kuhn

Wow! Thats one nice score! The belt guard is worth more than you paid for the entire tractor. :bow-blue: Jake

squonk

I went to an auction in the rain yesterday too. You couldn't even by junk reasonable. I had a chance to buy a 551 and a sickle last weekend. Owner wanted $600.They wouldn't even tell me if it ran or had any shields or guards with it. You did well.

AMC RULES

Good save...interested in doubling your investment? :)

jay in nc

nice save, bring it to the big show in pa. in june. 1961 tractors are featured. i vote for cleaning & preserving the patina! again nice tractor! Jay

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Amcrules it will take more and that to sell it lol. I been looking for one for awhile now to add to my collection. But everything is for sale aslong the price is right and high. I buy fix and resale a lot golf carts,tractors,snowblowers,etc but when it comes to wheel horses I usually keep them.

AMC RULES

Good to know you got it then...not everyone is in love with 'em. :)

krazy_horse

Neat little tractor,noticed she had the guards etc. I would keep her just like she is. With a blade and mower deck to-boot. Very nice find.

VinsRJ

As stated above really nice SAVE!

MarkPalmer

That is awesome for $80.00 with deck and dozer blade too! A good one to keep original- every scratch and dent and the faded paint tells a story. It looks like one that was used for its purposes through the years, and was maintained well until grandpa or ? passed away. Real happy to hear Johnny Scrapper didn't win it. :)

-Mark-

Coadster32

Can't beat that at all. They are hard to come by when you want one, and certainly not at that price. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Cutlas3391

Finally got her home today!! excited to work on it tonight...

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Update got her running she runs like a champ and drives great!

• Like 2

weien's wheel horses

Very Nice!!!!!!

Terry M

Nice Tractor!!!

855ownerJoel

She's a beauty! Update some pics as you decide how to fix her up. She's definitely a keeper.

Racinbob

I've always been one to say restore but something about that one says a little cleaning, a seat cover and leave as is. Very nice tractor and a true steal.

jrfan

nice find picked one up myself today bartered 3 hours work for one like that with snowblade sickle bar and mowing deck got it all settled into my shop cant wait to get started on it ill post a pic tommarow

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Jrfan send me pic I like to see it. Nice deal....