Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

She's alive!!!

Jake Kuhn

Well its finally alive! The rj35 is finally driving. I got a clinton for it last weekend that is fantastic, starts on the first pull every single time!!! She still has a way of things to be done with it but sure am glad its going. I have a schnake for it, need to get the belt guard to fit, get a throttle cable, and the correct tank for it and put the brake kit on it. Pretty hard and scary driving it LOL no belt guard, no throttle cable, and no guard on the engine. :) Here are a couple pics of how it is now. ~Jake

DSCN0356_zps62672d7b.jpg

DSCN0359_zps1c2d0a52.jpg

DSCN0360_zps01ef3565.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Driving it without the guards in place is what seperates the boys from the men Jake.

Nice work so far. :thumbs:

• Like 2

stevebo

I know that feels great to get her going for sure ! How do you feel about how it drives? A little crude right?

HorseFixer

Atta Boy Jake! :notworthy: Glad ya got the Ole Girl going! :thumbs2: You will have it STANDIN TALL in no time. :USA:

~Duke

whc160

Jake looks like you got a good start. :handgestures-thumbupright: Keep up the good work!

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm hoping to have it complete in time for scotts meet and greet. Then this winter I will probably tear it apart and paint it. Jake

VinsRJ

The RJ35 is a fun ride... wait until you go down hill without a brake kit... yeehaa! :happy-jumpeveryone:

B-8074

That's also a good way to separate the boys from the man. :ychain:

• Like 1

krazy_horse

Who needs a hood? I kind of dig the hot rod look. I'm glad you got her going Jake!

Coadster32

Glad to hear it's alive!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I actually like the look of no hood on it as well. Reminds me of my Suburban before I got it back together. I was pumped, and just had to plow snow with it. No throttle cable, guard...same scenerio. Gotta love it!!

DSCF1107.jpg

• Like 2

Ken B

Very nice Jake!

kthack657

Beautiful Jake, glad to hear she runs!!! :bow-blue:

MarkPalmer

Its always a good satisfying feeling when you get one moving under its own power again! I admire the simple design of the RJ's, its looking good :)

-Mark-

SousaKerry

Looking at that with no hood and you can so see how it is an evolved walk behind with two extra wheels and a seat :handgestures-thumbupright:

clintonnut

Driving it without the guards in place is what seperates the boys from the men Jake.

I could agree with that Craig but, I think my rat has crossed that boundary. You have to be a stupid man not to have guards on that.

Jake, I ran mine without a guard for a while but watch that vari pulley. It will suck a pair of shorts right in.

Good job!

Charlie

Jake Kuhn

Thanks guys. Well she gained an exaust and a belt guard today. wish I had my recoil for it, I might have to have him ship it. Jake

DSCN0364_zpsc7873516.jpg

DSCN0363_zpsa979a7d9.jpg

buckrancher

great Jake glad shes moving on her own power just don't be in any hurry to go from point A to ponit B

they are slowwwwwwwwww moving

Brian

Jake Kuhn

shes got a hood, a throttle cable, and part of a brake kit. I need to heat up the pedal on the other tractor so I can put it on. ~Jake

DSCN0372_zpsb25fd045.jpg

DSCN0373_zps9635dcf2.jpg

didn't have the correct size gas tank. Lets keep this a secret :hide:

DSCN0374_zps05e63de2.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

looks great Jake!

AMC RULES

Congratulations Jake, looking very cool so far. :text-coolphotos:

I could agree with that Craig but, I think my rat has crossed that boundary. You have to be a stupid man not to have guards on that.

Charlie

I don't think they've made a guard yet that would make your Beast safe Charlie...to me, that's the main part of it's charm. :)

Wheel-N-It

Very Impressive!

Lars

That is going to be a good looking RJ jake... :)