Sign in to follow this  
scraper

Bercomac snowblower for Wheel horse

scraper

Just want to know if anybody has one of these setups on they're tractor.How do they compare to the Wheel horse two stage blower? Are they lighter to pick up on with manual lift? I emailed Bercomac and they said the subframe is not available any longer. If anybody has one, how about some pics on it.post-8130-0-37900500-1347716439.jpg

squonk

I saw one at an auction once. If anything it looked heavier to me.

mattd860

A member on this forum, Stevebo, has a 40" blower - I know because I sold it to him. So he can probably measure up the subframe for you. They definitely seem much more rugged than the wheel horse single stage and 2-stage blower. However, they are definitely easier to lift because they incorporate two heavy duty springs on the front that connect to the front attach-a-matic mount on the tractor. The 40" blower I had was literally featherweight when using the manual lift. Also, the raise/lower mechanism on the berco snow blowers are much beafier than the wheel horse variant.

TheReDStAnG

I have a 38" Ber Vac,which produced 2 stage blowers for WH prior to them making their own 2 stage (Sold through WH dealers). From what I read, the "Bercomac" is a completely seperate company from Ber Vac. Although the designs are relatively similar from what I've seen, there are slight differences. I love mine and are lighter weight/easier to lift than the toro's, and can PM you pics if needed. However, the model your showing in your picture is different than mine in that your's is an "economy" model. It uses a chain to drive the front auger, whereas the Ber Vac uses a gear system more commonly used in 2 stages. Post some pics of where the subframe mounts to the blower.

jay in nc

there is a 520-hc on e-bay with this blower, it hasen't sold the many times it has been listed. Jay