Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Lambert 666

Wheel Crazy

I recently picked up a Lambert 666 tractor! It's a very neat little tractor. It has a 6hp Tecumseh motor in it and a sideways mounted 3 speed transmisson. Has a 36 inch mower deck, which makes it the only Lambert I have seen with a matching mower deck. The steering wheel doesn't look orignal and may have a missing belt guard,but everything else looks original and complete. It doesn't run yet, but it will. The engine turns over and has a new battery, just needs carb work. Is there a better aftermarket carb to hang on a Tecumseh to make it run better? Not sure on the year I am guessing it's a 1965 or 1966. I am gonna have to grab the motor numbers off of it. The guy I bought it off of got it from his grandpa who was the original owner? I plan on keeping it original and maybe put a little stack on it. From what I hear these tractors are pretty rare, anyways here are some pictures!

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

KC9KAS

Neat looking tractor.

Wheel Crazy

Neat looking tractor.

Thanks!

CRE1992

I like it, hopefully you actually keep this one I like the look with the rounded fenders.

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

I like it, hopefully you actually keep this one I like the look with the rounded fenders.

Thanks! Lol Yeah I know!

AMC RULES

Cool lines...I like it.

Wheel Crazy

Cool lines...I like it.

Thanks!

1maidenfan

That's my kind of tractor! :ychain:

AMC RULES

Gonna give it a bowl cut, and call it Damien?

post-3498-0-99641400-1347618557.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Great looking tractor Brodi! :handgestures-thumbup:

VinsRJ

Cool looking tractor, contact my brother (grnlark here on RS) if you need any info as he has had couple of these Lamberts over the years.

groundhog47

Very interesting lines on the fenders, reminds of old tractors I've seen at shows, Oliver I think. Looks like prob pull good, Like the old high wheelers. It still blows me away on how all these finds show up north. Shows some one had sense enough to save the good stuff.

Good Day

tractornut86

Look up info for a Farmette tractor. They made the tractor but changed a few things and sold them through Lambert. There is 3 or 4 different models made.

Wheel Crazy

That's my kind of tractor! :ychain:

Thanks!

:laughing-rofl:

Great looking tractor Brodi! :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks Jake!

Cool looking tractor, contact my brother (grnlark here on RS) if you need any info as he has had couple of these Lamberts over the years.

Thank you! I sent him a pm with a few questions!

Very interesting lines on the fenders, reminds of old tractors I've seen at shows, Oliver I think. Looks like prob pull good, Like the old high wheelers. It still blows me away on how all these finds show up north. Shows some one had sense enough to save the good stuff.

Good Day

Thanks! Yeah it is very unigue. Yeah it's in pretty good shape for living in a state with harsh winters.

Look up info for a Farmette tractor. They made the tractor but changed a few things and sold them through Lambert. There is 3 or 4 different models made.

Wiil do! Thanks!

Wheel Crazy

Can you guys help figure out what year it is?

Model- H60-75044D

Serial- 5057 05058

1maidenfan

:scared-eek: :laughing-rolling:

Wheel Crazy

Where could I get a cool exhaust stack for this?

perry

i seen that when it first popped up forsale but passed at first. contacted the guy the next day and never herd back from him. glad to see you picked it up. price was right :)

Wheel Crazy

i seen that when it first popped up forsale but passed at first. contacted the guy the next day and never herd back from him. glad to see you picked it up. price was right :)

Yeah the price was very good! He threw in a 3.5hp Briggs to that also needs carb work. I still haven't got the tractor running. I can't decide whether just to flip it or keep it.

CRE1992

Yeah the price was very good! He threw in a 3.5hp Briggs to that also needs carb work. I still haven't got the tractor running. I can't decide whether just to flip it or keep it.

Keep the damn tractor Brodi

Wheel Crazy

It's now for sale. Asking $250.

Ken B

That is a pretty cool tractor. I'll bet not too many God fearing people bought them when they were new with the numbers 666 planted on the front of the tractor in what kinda looks like a tomb stone! I know my Dad would have closed his eyes and walked away for sure. :ychain:

I remember Matt (gnlark) posted a pic of his with some ag tires on the back and it looked pretty tough.

Wheel Crazy

Well I got it running today!!!

sscotsman

Im very curious about the name for the tractor (666)..

Now obviously there have always been people who dont believe in supersitions, or arent Christians,

so that particular number is "just another number" to them with no negative connotation..

But..

There are also just as many people (perhaps more even) who do believe in superstitions, or are Christians, and for those people,

the number is going to a major turn off!

and there would have been even more of that 2nd group of people back in the 1960's..

and especially all across the middle of the USA! which would have been prusamably a major target market for this tractor..

So why would a company delibrately choose a name that is absolutely guaranteed to reduce sales?

makes no sense..

Companys go out of their way to make sure names are pleasant and appealing to as many people as possible..

when you are selling to the general public, you have to be careful about these kinds of things..

so anyone know the story? is there any background to Lambert making that choice?

I just cant imagine why they would have made such a choice..

Its probably something like 6hp motor, 36 inch deck, and 1966, or something like that..

(similar to the naming/numbering convention WH used in the 60's)

but even if that is the reason, they should have made an exception! ;) named it something different..

Scot

TT

International had a 666 Farmall too. :handgestures-thumbup: