Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Lawn ranger with FEL!!!

kpinnc

Found this on YouTube.

Stephen, looks like Nick857 has a nack for modifying tractors...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NH4q6zILyxU

Kevin

Buzz

Kevin, when the moon is full and he forgets to take his medicine, Nick can work magic in his shop............ Let's just hope that he continues to use his talents for good and not evil.

kpinnc

Buzz,

Anyone who can "make thier own" toys like that has incredible talent, in my book.

Kevin- needing better tools and more free time :D

Rollerman

Kevin....Nick is a pretty cool & to see the Lawn Ranger/FEL combo in person is a treat.

Like Buzz said he can create some nice implements for his horses,

I didn't get to talk with him this year at the Wapack swap, had one of them electric scooters & he was to darn fast!

Maybe he will see the kink here & join.?

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

Hmm, another recruit, eh? I need to find out where he's at so I can give him the link to here.

Nice little tractor and FEL. It does appear to move loose dirt and gravel easily enough. I wonder how big that bucket is?

CasualObserver

Here's Nick's Yahoo page i think it's one of those free ones that has an hourly data transfer limit, so if you can't get in, try back later.

Rollerman

Thanks Jason...I was trying to find that link myself to add here.

Terry I wouldn't doubt Nicks been here as a guest.

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

I wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't here at one point - but, just in case, I sent him a personal invite via email.

nylyon

Amazing what that little tractor can do huh?

Sparky

I saw the Lawn Ranger FEL at last years show and it was very well built.

Mike........

Nick

The bucket on the Loader Ranger is a little over 36" wide. I built it from 3/16 steel so it is a bit heavy compared to the factory buckets built with 1/8", think it was around 115 pounds. The little Ranger can do most anything the big tractors can just takes a bit longer.

The loader has a KW loader pump and valve then the rest was built to fit the Lawn Ranger, and around whatever I had to build it. Also replaced the 4 speed with an 8 speed and the front axle is the rear steering axle from a Groundsmaster with 1" spindles. 200 pounds of suitcase weights are on the back and another 80 pounds or so of wheel weights.

New project is a V plow that Im Just about done with now. Try to post some pictures when I figure that out.

Nick in Ohio

Rollerman

Nick!, Glad you made it.

I was hopeing the batteries would of died on your scooter so I could of said hello at Wapak.

Stephen in northern IN

Buzz

Hey Nick, glad to see you're here. Now it might be my getting older (I'll be 65 Saturday) or maybe a 1960's flashback :D , but for some reason I'm thinking that you didn't make this year's show. I thought you brought it to the 2006 show.........A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Buzz......give my regards to your Dad

Nick

Yes took the loader to the 2006 show. Missed this year and the first year, only two so far. Maybe we will make it out next year, have to build something new to take.. Guess I'll try to post a V plow picture here then post more if it works. I didnt find anything that said thumbnail so it might be a big picture.

vplow010.jpg

kpinnc

Great to have you here Nick. I've seen pictures of your machines all over the place, and you've definately got some awesome toys!

The FEL on the Ranger is just awesome! I look forward to seeing the rest of your work!

Kevin

T-Mo

Nick,

I'll echo everyone's elation on you being here in the forum. All I can say is that you do good work. Nice job on the fel for the lawn ranger. Nice.

CasualObserver

Hey Nick, if you wouldn't mind, could I get a copy of the video that you uploaded to You Tube? I assume it's much less "grainy" in it's original format. thanks!

Nick

I could email an original windows movie file but it will be 11.3mb. Better than some of the original MPEG clips that can be up to 80mb. I use windows movie maker to put all the clips into one movie file, maybe a different program would do a better job but movie maker was free. :D The movie file is a little better than the youtube version. Send me an email adddress if you want to try it.

I just put a copy on photobucket maybe it will look better. Loader Ranger Video

Nick in Ohio