Sign in to follow this  
Bdubs75

New to Redsquare

Bdubs75

I Hello all,

I was turned on to Wheel Horse earlier this summer. I sold a 98 Murray that I had garbage picked and repaired, needed something that could do more than mow. I saw a listing for a 1977 D160 on another site and when the pic finally appeared... I just had to have it.

If you frequent this site you may not recognize it at first, but this is Jake Kuhns old tractor (he is a good kid).

I bought the tractor for purpose, I needed something that can level my driveway and help maintain the private road I live on. I also wanted the option of a blower. I have done a ton of work to it since I got it from Jake. I pulled the motor and rebuilt it, rebuilt the carb. The snowthrower was in pretty rough shape so I stripped as much of the rust off as I could, replaced all the bearings, put on a new pulley and gave it a fresh coat of paint (will add pics soon). I then turned my attention to the tractor and back blade. I would not call it a full restoration since I did not fully dissassemble it, blast and paint. I just removed what I could, cleaned it up and painted as much as I could.

I still have a bit of work to do to get it finished up, but its pretty close.

after all the work I have put into this over the past 6 weeks I think I have earned my membership. Hope you all enjoy... Jake deserves some credit on this project too!

Hope to hear from you, if anyone is desperate for onan some 16hp parts I might have what you need. Just ask!

Martin

:WRS:

looking forward to seeing some pics of your tractor......

duke

Hello,

I just want to say thank you for the immediate responce! I have wheel horse in my DNA! Although I do have a couple of "others", red is my color of choice! I am in my garage working more than anywhere else! Nice to be here, again thank you! Duke

Bdubs75

I posted a few pics in my gallery, having trouble setting my profile pic though.

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:

VinsRJ

Welcome o RS!

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Glad you made it here! And glad the tractor is getting some love! ~ Jake

whfan74

Glad you found us and that Jake turned you on to such a great forum. Sounds like you have been busy since you picked up your new machine. Enjoy it and feel free to post often!

rexman72

welcome to the site

Kelly

:WRS: To another MI member

Sparky

Have you decided what your next WH will be yet :grin: ?

Mike........

Bdubs75

Sparky, I have not decided yet but I have been keeping my eyes open for something to restore.

can whlvr