Sign in to follow this  
bountyhunter

C-100 Blown Engine

bountyhunter

Just wanted to get some one else's opinion on a C-100 Wheel Horse that need the engine rebuilt. How much would you pay for the tractor knowing you had to spend between 600. to 800.00 to get it running?

Don1977

I would say $100 max there isn't a good way to check out the transmission or steering with out it running. You could luck out or end up with a parts tractor.

rmaynard

$600 to $800 to get it running you say? If you can pick up the C-100 for $100 or so, I have a nice running K241S that I will sell you for a lot less than $600.

Kelly

I have a standing offer for any tractor that is mostly complete not missing any major parts running or not I pay $75, now if it looks good, and or runs, or has a deck or other attachments I pay more.

• Like 1

bountyhunter

$600 to $800 to get it running you say? If you can pick up the C-100 for $100 or so, I have a nice running K241S that I will sell you for a lot less than $600.

You say less than $600. ? How much and is it rebuilt or just a nice running engine?

I have owned a small engine repair shop for 21 years, I just haven't gotten in to Wheel Horses until I bought one a couple of years ago and since then I have acquired 2 more.

I bought one a couple of months ago for $200. running and with snow blade and plow, but had been relly abused.I just wasn't sure about the C-100 Series for parts availability.

bountyhunter

I have a standing offer for any tractor that is mostly complete not missing any major parts running or not I pay $75, now if it looks good, and or runs, or has a deck or other attachments I pay more.

Yea, I was thinking around $100. it does have a deck. The guy was using it and it started smoking really bad and he said he kept using it until the smoke got so bad he couldn't see and then he shut it off and it wouldn't restart. The engine is locked up tight. I have an old school trick to hopefully save the engine, but don't know if it's going to work.

KC9KAS

I agree....my top dollar for a tractor that is "all there" and "not running" is $100.

If they want more money, I walk away.

rmaynard

You say less than $600. ? How much and is it rebuilt or just a nice running engine?

I have owned a small engine repair shop for 21 years, I just haven't gotten in to Wheel Horses until I bought one a couple of years ago and since then I have acquired 2 more.

I bought one a couple of months ago for $200. running and with snow blade and plow, but had been relly abused.I just wasn't sure about the C-100 Series for parts availability.

PM sent

can whlvr

as far as parts for a c series,theres plenty of new parts avaiable and loads of used ones too