Sign in to follow this  
Fast N Red

Holley Fuel pump

Fast N Red

Well i won a Holley black fuel pump and regulator on Ebay it'll be here on Friday or Saturday. Any know what fuel pressure to run and i have some Carb questions. Thank You

Fast N Red

TT

You only need enough pressure to keep the proper level of fuel in the float bowl. Anything beyond that is a waste.

Jim_M

What fuel, what carb, what engine?

Fast N Red

Kohler k301 ported, shaved head, copper gasket, kohler #26 carb with a 3/4in spacer

Kohler k301 ported, shaved head, copper gasket, kohler #26 carb with a 3/4in spacer

and 110 vp racing fuel or 93 w octane boost

Deere Hunter

I usually run between 2-3 lbs when running gas. It all depends what the carb will take, run to much fuel pressure and you will have it running out of the carb. Start at 2 and see how it runs and adjust from there.

Jim_M

I agree, 2 or 2 1/2 psi. What are your other carb questions?

Fast N Red

Where do you drill the hole in the carb when you plug the two vent holes

Jim_M

I assume you're talking about the bowl vent holes being plugged after installing a velocity stack. Just drill a small hole in the carb body in the round area above the float bowl, keep the hole above the top of the float. I like to insert a small tube or hose barb and run a small piece of hose up the side of the carb to keep it from sloshing fuel but it's not really necessary, you have to have a pretty rough ride to slosh any fuel out.

Fast N Red

I assume you're talking about the bowl vent holes being plugged after installing a velocity stack. Just drill a small hole in the carb body in the round area above the float bowl, keep the hole above the top of the float. I like to insert a small tube or hose barb and run a small piece of hose up the side of the carb to keep it from sloshing fuel but it's not really necessary, you have to have a pretty rough ride to slosh any fuel out.

<a href=

<a%20href=

sorry it wont upload my pics