Sign in to follow this  
D Block

Rear plow mount?

D Block

So I got a plow for my 310-8 off craigslist for $80. The only problem is I didnt realize I needed the rear mount. At this point, the guy won't return my calls. Does anyone know where I can purchase a used rear mount?

varosd

RS members will chime who have snow blade/tiller rear hitchs for sale or do a CL/Fleabay search. most were left on the tractors and seperated when the rig was sold. my brother's neighbor has a 1979 C-121 w/o snow blade or tiller and I pointed out the hitch, he said he was never sure what it was for and just left it on!

$80 for a snow blade is a good deal any pictures?

D Block

Cool. I'll snap a couple pics when I get home. The guy was selling a 310-8 with the plow for $500. I offered him $60 for the blade and he came back with $80. I threw it in the minivan. Its missing the mechanism to set the plow angle. It has to be set manually. I'll have to fab something up for it.

KC9KAS

If you do a "search" for plows on this site, or look at someones plow, you will see how the plow angle mechanism is constructed.

I have re-done and re-built a couple of mine, and it isn't that hard to do.

People often "forget" to sell the bracket with implements because that bracket can be sold for as much as the implement to someone that dosen't realize they need the bracket when they buy the implement!

If you have a welder and shop tools or have a "friend" that has a good metal-working shop, the brackets can be homemade.

littleredrider

I have one that I'm not gonna use, needs the levers that hold it in place. I have a sister that lives in Poughkeepsie, I'm sure she can take it back with her, not that big.

hcminis

I have the drawing to make a rotating handle. Just shoot me an email. dewayne@hcmtoys.com

D Block

Hcminis; I'd love the drawing, I'll email you.

Littleredrider; let's talk turkey. What do you want for it? Djkoch77@gmail.com

All; I had no idea the WH community was so great. Thanks.

littleredrider

If I can get my sis to take it back with her you can have it. It's not doing me any good sitting there. If I knew it was there before I went to the scrap yard it would have went. How far are you from the Hudson bridge? Can see if from her place....

• Like 1

maxed500

You can buy the rear hitch for the 5XI toro tractors. They were 50 dollars and fit at least my 308-8

D Block

If I can get my sis to take it back with her you can have it. It's not doing me any good sitting there. If I knew it was there before I went to the scrap yard it would have went. How far are you from the Hudson bridge? Can see if from her place....

I live about 10 min south of the bridge. I'll pick it up from wherever. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help.

littleredrider

I'll see when the next time she'll be up...

D Block

The guy I bought the plow from just sold the tractor it was attached to. Good news; he removed the rear mount for me! Picking it up later in the week!

littleredrider

Cool now you got one!! My sis is coming up not this weekend but the one after. So if you still want it...

D Block

Littleredrider, I guess I don't need it anymore. That being said, if you want to be rid of it, I'll take it off your hands. My uncle has a horse, my cousin has a horse...

Littleredrider, I guess I don't need it anymore. That being said, if you want to be rid of it, I'll take it off your hands. My uncle has a horse, my cousin has a horse...

D Block

Cool now you got one!! My sis is coming up not this weekend but the one after. So if you still want it...

So, I show up to grab the bracket and it turns out he only tool off the latches!! Tractor is long gone along with the bracket. Looks like I'm going to need whatever you have after all. Thanks again.

radarme

I'm in the same position as D Block. Once he gets one, if anyone has another they will part with, please send me a message. Thanks!

D Block

I'm in the same position as D Block. Once he gets one, if anyone has another they will part with, please send me a message. Thanks!

I ended up welding one up from some plate I had laying around. I'll post some pics when I get home. My uncle loaned me his to use as template. Mine is way beefier!

radarme

sounds good. I've been leaning towards making one rather than pay what folks are asking for these. Thanks!

can whlvr

ive made a few and it is really easy,but it helps to have an original to copy