Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

Definitely Not a Looker

AMC RULES

C/L find today, 2nd owner had it for the last 25 years thinking it was an 854, but based on the K-161 and one piece fuel tank...I'm thinking it's actually a 701...hard to tell, wrong seat, steering wheel, incorrect belt guard...anyway to confirm with numbers, or photos, either way? My guess is based on the motor, but I supposed that could've been swapped too at some point.

Anyway, it's a running tractor that came with a couple attachments, a working rotary mower deck that's pretty quiet...but riddled with cancer. A front reel mower and mount that he's never used. A snow blade and rear axle mount. Extra set of rims and turfs.

Also a brand new Carlisle turfs on the tractor mounted on what I think are virtually new Cub rims. Smoked like a chimney on initial start up, but he said it's been sitting unused for the last two years. Started it up here after I got home tonight, smoked for a minute and cleared right up...even engaged the deck and mowed the back yard real quick before putting it away...looks like a brute, but actually the motor seems pretty strong, and the tranny shifts as it should.

I probably paid too much for it but considering the buck fifty I gave for the package...over all...I'm pretty stoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rEs0Y05pE&feature=youtu.be

post-3498-0-63087500-1343960718_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-40938300-1343960804_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-73044500-1343960859_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-60583900-1343960893_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-66139400-1343960928_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-81173200-1343960958_thumb.jp

• Like 6

corn53

Lol seems like a great deal to me!!!

4xfourfun

Awesome find!

Reminds me of a 702.

horsesaver98

nice find it kinda looks like a 753

• Like 1

Kelly

I'm thinking a 702, nice find with the attachments.

rj35hunter

Going by the front axle & serial #, I'm thinking 702?? 63 started using the solid looking front axle unlike yours.

Clay

squonk

Nice! Funny thing. I find a deck for my 704 from people that say "it's quiet and I just mowed the lawn with it" and they rattle like a diesel. You find a pope version(holy) that has been sitting and it's quiet! :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Coadster32

Nice find. Looks like a 753 to me. Don't think you overpaid at all. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

So...anything of the '62 and later model should be a two piece tank, correct.

I'm thinking maybe the tank was replaced at the same time with the incorrect steering wheel, seat.

PO said it was a continuous worker up until it being parked two years ago, so it seems, whatever it took to keep it going.

I'm taking the reel mower with me to clean up at work today, I'm hoping to see it mounted up, and functioning in the front yard this weekend.

Kelly

That tractor has a one piece tank, the two piece tank the dash plate is not removable, it has the 62 frame front axle, the 62/early 63 tool tray, it does have the 63 to 65/66 gen belt guard, with the little bump, 62 was narrow but had no little bump, the drive belt guard is wrong, but I see you have another on the ground, the wheel hubs look wrong but could have been changed, steering whel you know, it is a 1962, probably a 702

Ken B

That must be the one I saw on C/L. Nice score. Make sure to get a video of the reel mower in action. And, yer gonna have to build a bigger shed pretty soon!

AMC RULES

That must be the one I saw on C/L. Nice score. Make sure to get a video of the reel mower in action. And, yer gonna have to build a bigger shed pretty soon!

The reel video is a given Ken, and you gotta believe...I'm waaay past needing a bigger :wh: shed already.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. :thumbs:

hcminis

Awesome find.

Pollack Pete

I like the tractor.I like the price too.Have fun with your new toy.Looking forward to seeing the video of the reel mower in action.

AMC RULES

Will do, thanks Pete.

JamesBe1

Great find! Especially the attachments.

jay in nc

what are you up to now craig ? 4 , you got it now! nice score Jay

AMC RULES

Six now, counting the roller...it's not possible to have too many is it Jay?

Coadster32

You can be a roller coaster collector like me... Up to 12 at one time, down to 2, back up to 6, now back down to 3 horses and a jacobson. :hide:

Sparky

I probably paid too much for it but considering the buck fifty I gave for the package...over all...I'm pretty stoked.

Nope, you did good. You could easily turn a nice profit selling it off as separate pieces if you had to so I think the price was more than fair.

Mike.......

bowtiebutler956

If you run out of room Craig, you could store a couple here, my garage is plenty big!! :ychain: Very nice find Craig! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

That tractor has a one piece tank.

Correct...that's what I'm saying Kelly.

For it to be '62 or later the correct tank on this tractor should be of the two piece design...top, and bottom, with a seal in between.

I think. :confusion-shrug:

Sparky

I'm thinkin its a 702. The 701 had a solid grill with no slots, the footrests were shaped more like the soles of your shoes, the motor and starter/gen had two pulleys/belts to make up for having no compression release and the hood didnt have the small square indents for the WH decal.

Hard to say after 50 years it could have been modified or fixed up with parts from many different years of machines.

Mike......

truckin88

Was this in monroe?

KC9KAS

I thing you got your $$ worth on this deal!