Sign in to follow this  
jimt1971

Gas Pedal Hook up

jimt1971

Hello All,

I am working on my pulling tractor. I am getting stuck on how to hook up a gas pedal. i have looked online and I cannot find anything. Right now I have the pedal hooked to the same spot you would normally put the thottle cable. But when i start the engine the governer over rides my gas pedal. Would someone have a pic or two of how to do this?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim_M

If nobody beats me too it I'll get you some pictures this weekend.

In the meantime can you post pictures of what you did to hook it up? Maybe we can troubleshoot it from a picture.

SALTYWRIGHT

ON MY RAT ROD I DO NOT USE THE GOVERNER. I HOOKED UP THECABLE TO THE CARB. ARM. IT WORKS MUCH BETTER WITHOUT THE GOVERNER HOOKED UP.

Deere Hunter

When you say it is over riding the pedal, Is it pulling it back to idle or at what RPM is it holding?

jimt1971

What happens is I push the pedal and the governer springs over rides. So, I get a quick burst of speed and then it is back to idle. I will have to take pics tonight.

Jim

jimt1971

Ok I got out to the garage tonight. I ended up removing the spring from the governer arm and replacing with a piece of rod. Now I have full throttle. Life is good.

Jim

Jim_M

Your governor won't work now. If you run in a governed class, you're illegal now. If you need your governor to be legal, then use a stiffer spring or use a different set of holes to make the governor spring tighter.

jimt1971

Ok Jim I will find a stiffer spring. At least now the gas pedal works. This tractor just seems to be a machine that likes to be tinkered with all the time. I knew if I went straight to the carb I would be illegal also. Well more garage time. Thanks for all the help. Jim

jonsteffen

anyone got photos of the setup

Jim_M
post-62-0-31753500-1344180036_thumb.jpg

jimt1971

Jim,

I saw your pic and went outside and hooked mine the same way and viola the throttle now works with the governoer. Jim this was awesome info. Even though it is still in primer I will be tring to pull in the next few weeks. I pulled before but it was with my regular old Raider. this is my first try at a dedicated pulling tractor. It is a 312, with a 16hp single and Carlisle 23X10.50X12 Tru Powers. I hope it does good for me.

Thank you all for your help,

Jim

Jim_M

Good luck and have fun!