Sign in to follow this  
logun16

wheel horse c-125 refurb

logun16

New to the site an looking for some information on front mounted pulley block for deck drive belt, i cant find any replacment sealed bearings for the v an flat pulleys, ksk 7R12 is the number on them any idea of equivelent. i am trying to refurbish a c-125 black hood 80-81 i think.

KC9KAS

Any good bearing sales place can match up your old bearings with new bearings.

Where are my manners....Welocme to Red Square...The best forum for everything Wheel Horse!!

Oh, and the device you are refering to is called the "Mule drive".

KC9KAS

Posted Today, 08:07 AM

Borrowed from an earlier post.

"Mule drive" is a slang term (incorrect in this case) for a multiple groove pulley/sheave used to change the direction (not rotational direction though) of two or more belt runs between different shafts.

The earlier gear drive WH decks are a good example. The three groove pulley on the end of the hitch shaft is turned by the PTO belt from the engine. That same pulley then turns the two smaller belts connected to the pulley on the deck cross shaft.

Borrowed from a recent post:

Pulleys.jpg

These things are actually called front idler support assemblies, or - as I prefer - deck drive belt tensioners:

071208henryshaul002.jpg

WHCCshow2008071.jpg

That version has been used to tension the mower deck drive belt on horizontal shaft garden tractors since the inception of the Attach-Matic hitch system in late 1972. The 60" deck did use a spring-loaded derivative, but the others were basically the same. The tensioner for the earlier 37" SD deck did use two V groove idlers instead of one V and one flat, but that was because of the unique six-sided belt. The rest of the assembly is the same.

There's just something about a mule being a horse cross-breed that makes me not want to use that word around my tractors. :ychain:

TT

:WRS:

Unless you have the earliest cast pulleys with replaceable bearings, it might be easier to replace the entire pulley.

Both pulleys are available in the aftermarket from a few sources.

The V idler is Toro/WH part number 92-7103 which would be a Stens #280-750 or Oregon #34-032

The flat idler is Toro/WH part number 104975 which would be a Stens #280-743 or Oregon #34-039

Bearings for the cast pulleys are Toro/WH part number 101480 which is a 1630-2RS

Road-Track

:text-welcomewave:to :rs: Black Hoods rule :ychain: :banana-gotpics:

Wheel Horse Kid

Welcome to RedSquare! How about some pics of your C-125???

logun16

Hi i will post some pics as soon as i work out how to upload them. Thanks for the welcome.

meadowfield

welcome ! come say hello in the euro section !!!!

mark