Lane Ranger

Photos from "Power from the Past" - 35th Annual Show held at Winamac. Indiana

Lane Ranger

We had a great two days at the Winamac, Indiana town park along the Tippecanoe River oxbow with the 35th Annual "Power from the Past Show".

David "travlindave" and Lane "Lane Ranger" Ralph too four tractors and got to meet four new Red Square members and a few old friends too!

Here are some photos of the trailer loaded up and one th way to Winamac earlier Friday morning the 20th:

dscn0357.jpg

dscn0358.jpg

dscn0359.jpg

Here are some of the Wheel Horse tractors in display at the show :

dscn0380.jpg

dscn0367.jpg

dscn0365.jpg

Denny Clarke's 701 that he brought from Pawnee, Illinois for his first show:

dscn0397.jpg

dscn0396.jpg

dscn0395.jpg

David Ralph looking over Denny Clarke's 701 Wheel Horse and Denny Clarke talking in the background in the maroon shirt and straw hat.

dscn0394.jpg

The group photo of the Red Square gang at the Winamac, Indiana "35th Annual Power from the Past Show" taken on Saturday June 21st :

dscn0403.jpg

Left to right: Denny Clarke, David Ralph, Jason Bray, Jamie Hiers, Lane Ralph and Ryan Daily.

Photos of Jason and Jamie's very nice Wheel Horse's that were at the Winamac Show on Saturday:

dscn0408.jpg

dscn0410.jpg

I will post some more tomorrow and a few Wheel Horse and tractor photos of the Illiana Show held at Attica, Indiana that I stopped by on the way home for northern Indiana to see on Sunday afternoon!

• Like 1

rmaynard

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.

SPINJIM

Great pictures from Indiana. I'm going to be in W. Lafayette, Indiana next week visiting my son and his family. Lucky for me, the Tippecanoe Steam & Gas Power Show is the same week. (My wife thinks it's a coincidence.) Any Wheel Horses or other garden tractors there? Worth attending? Which is the best day?

Jim

AMC RULES

Looks like a great show there, thanks for the picts Lane.

Lane Ranger

Jim: I have not been to the Tippecanoe Co Steam and Power Show before but I am sure that in the heart of Purdue Country it will be a very good show. Some of these shows are a little slower than others to "embrace" the lawn and garden tractors by designating an area and a coordinator to encourgage participation but maybe some other members who have been to the show will see this and provide you with some more details.

I would say go and enjoy it!

Jim: Here is the flyer and the website for the Tippecanoe County Battleground Stean and Power Show it is just off I-65 .

http://www.tsgpai.org/

http://www.tsgpai.org/2012flyer.pdf

dclarke

Here's a few pics from Winamac, Thanks Lane, great to meet the redsquare guys that were there.

014-9.jpg

012-13.jpg

007-10.jpg

023-3.jpg

042.jpg

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Looks like a real nice show guys. Anyone get some pictures of some of the pickups? Great pictures of the horses and members...thanks for sharing. :)

glgrumpy

Hey! I was there with the Power King group! I see you have "Crazy Dave" talking to you and his Case loader behind him. We were accross the aisle from there. There were a couple neat trucks there. Here's a couple big ones I took if that is what you mean. Well guess my pix are too big to load. Not auto adjust here? There was a nice Indiana truck, about a '24 or so and a Beautiful 56 Ford COE all modern and had fifth wheel trailer with four wonderful Ford tractors with two miniatures that were flawless! Great place to have a show, was a little down this year, maybe too hot ?

Jake Kuhn

Looks like it was a great show! Thanks for posting the pics!! jake

wh-jason

this was a pretty nice show. first time ive gone to it, and its only 50 minutes from home. i will definately try to go next year.

it was nice meeting dclark, and seeing lane ranger and "the brother" again.

the only pic i have is this one that lane took with my phone right after tater and i finished loading up to go home. anybody know who the photo bomber is in the background? :ychain:

2fd2ec32.jpg

• Like 1

wh-jason

Hey! I was there with the Power King group! I see you have "Crazy Dave" talking to you and his Case loader behind him. We were accross the aisle from there. There were a couple neat trucks there. Here's a couple big ones I took if that is what you mean. Well guess my pix are too big to load. Not auto adjust here? There was a nice Indiana truck, about a '24 or so and a Beautiful 56 Ford COE all modern and had fifth wheel trailer with four wonderful Ford tractors with two miniatures that were flawless! Great place to have a show, was a little down this year, maybe too hot ?

every show i go to i can never get away from crazy dave. since dclark hadnt met him before i didnt want to interfere in their conversation. :hide:

• Like 2

dclarke

A few more pics,

013-Copy.jpg

005-11.jpg

015-5.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

020-2.jpg

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

A few more "eye candy" photos from the Winamac, Indiana 35th Annual Power from the Past Show:

dscn0408.jpg

dscn0414.jpg

Steve: Here is the only truck pics I took at Winamac:

dscn0386.jpg

dscn0385.jpg

1929 Ford Truck:

dscn0380.jpg

Jason " W.H. Jason" Bray's very nice 1962 Wheel Horse 702 tractor:

dscn0409.jpg

Richard Layne of Mentone, Indiana:

dscn0427.jpg

An International Harvestor "putt-putt powered tractor:

dscn0370.jpg

This wheel horse tractor was being operated late on Saturday afternoon by these kids with a Maytag motor !

dscn0425.jpg

Our four tractors loaded for the trip home Saturday evening:

dscn0432.jpg

dscn0433.jpg

dscn0434.jpg

wh-jason

Don't forget, the wheel horse with the may tag motor also had vice grips for a steering wheel. lol. But they sure were having fun.

• Like 1

dclarke

I know you guys like pics.

Is this the truck you were wanting a pic of Steve? :ychain:

022-2.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

• Like 1

BenTheWheelHorseMan

I hate to re activate a thread from way back in the day, but I couldn't resist. I own that wheel horse with the Maytag on it, it's a fun little machine. It now has a steering wheel too lol. I live in Winamac and bought my first wheel horse with an original motor at that show. As a matter of fact, that's me on that tractor!

• Like 3