Sign in to follow this  
baerpath

Question Will a 7-1311 work on a C160

baerpath

Will a 7-1311 sicklebar fit a C 160 ? :imstupid:

Duane

PS I have a SMS-50 in the barn thinking that won't work on the C series

TT

It wouldn't be a "bolt it on and go" installation, Duane, but it could be made work with very little modification.

The mid hitch would need removed from the tractor frame, and the front bracket of the SBM bolted up first. There should be a collar on the rear mount "fork" that can be loosened. allowing the length of the mower to be adjusted to fit the frame length of the 160.

Once it's mounted to the tractor, you might need to alter the belt tensioner assembly to work with the newer style PTO. (this mower should still have the foot pedal PTO engagement pedal) All that should require would be installation of a tension spring where the pedal used to attach to the idler pulley arm. You might have to get a "custom length" drive belt too. B)

I believe the SMS-50 was the mower for the 953/1054 tractors. It looks like it would take quite a bit of modification to put one on a C series. (according to the IPL drawing)

baerpath

Sounds like it would be a better fit for the 1045. I'd like to have one on a C for a little more stability on ditch / pond banks though. Really looking for a Didler if anyones got one for sale B)

Thanks TT

Duane