TJ

What Are You Listening To?

WHX??

Ya know what's nice about havin cable out in the shop Tom is one can get all those music channels where they can be the Pinkest of Floydian!

• Like 1

WHX??

One of my personal Favz....

• Like 2

Sarge

Floyd was in a league of their own for sure - always a favorite here.

Sarge

AMC RULES

IMG_8094.JPG.109c288c6e9cb3b624573ffde7a8521d.JPG

IMG_8093.JPG.1e7d2c8f27228d1be9054cfed84b5042.JPG

• Like 1

19richie66

Good song!

AMC RULES

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ztnoo

Now I understand a bit more about why Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler loved playing together so much.

Forget the Dire Straits era.........this guy is brilliant.

• Like 6

muz123

• Like 1

ebinmaine
22 hours ago, ztnoo said:

Now I understand a bit more about why Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler loved playing together so much.

Forget the Dire Straits era.........this guy is brilliant.

It's one thing to be extremely practiced and be terrific at doing something. It's another thing entirely to be into the science of something and understand what makes you terrific at doing something. Awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

One listen to Knopfler's rendition of "Telegraph Road" will tell you he's a lot more than folks think - always been a fan of his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Wp2ASqyxI

Sarge

• Like 2

Bill D

I enjoy listening to my local Christian radio station here in Poughkeepsie, The Bridge 106.9 FM.  I always have it one while working in the garage.

Bill

• Excellent 1

formariz

Unknown to most, greatly underrated and perhaps one of the greatest talents ever, Beth Hart in 1999 almost dead from addiction,and in 2017 healthy and flourishing.

ACman

I grew up in a small country town but always listened to rock in roll from the sixties until modern day . Mostly hard rock/heavy metal  like  Zepplin , The Who , Metallica , Black Sabbath all the way into the more modern groups like Distruberd , System of a Down , Five Finger Death Punch (one of my favorite concerts) . In my town if you listened to heavy metal you’re labeled a stoner . I was the black sheep of all my friends who listened to country or R&B . I also like some of that old country like Hank Williams Junior , Charlie’s Daniels band (I know that’s not old) . But one of my favorite songs of all times is from Toby Keith . He has a collection of “bus songs” that just make me laugh . Here’s one and mods if it’s removed I understand but no matter how many times I listen to it it makes me smile and laugh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJXjt5D4zY

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

r356c

odin's raven magic is an icelandic poem in the ancient edda tradition, thought to have been composed in the 14th or 15th century. its anonymous author clearly had an intimate knowledge of the edda literature and mythology and alludes to a number of pagan motifs which are now lost. the poem recounts a great banquet held by the gods in valhalla. while they are absorbed in their feasting, ominous signs appear that could foretell the end of the worlds of the gods and men. odin's raven magic had been relegated from mainstream ancient literature ever since 1867, when norwegian scholar sophus bugge claimed it was a 17th century fabrication. this theory has since been toppled with literary and linguistic arguments, and jonas kristjnosson, probably the most renowned scholar of ancient icelandic literature today, has even hailed it as "a new edda poem".

A huge stone xylophone in a full orchestra setting... this rocks!

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, r356c said:

huge stone xylophone in a full orchestra setting... this rocks!

Agreed!!

Awesome stuff!

Thanks for sharing that.

r356c

As comfortable as a broken in pair of boots from the first chord.

What ever musical road Greta Van Fleet happens to decide to travel down, I am certain I will enjoy listening to their journey.

Edit Add:

“Is it live or is it Memorex?”

GVF laying it down just as well as the best of the best that I can recall from the last 45 years....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVBJGuP9LcU

Missed it the first few listens, 0:32 to 0:35 ....that just happened?  Induct this band into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yesterday.

Edited by r356c

19richie66

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, r356c said:

Greta Van Fleet

Great stuff there! Thanks for sharing.

I really like this thread because it introduces us to things that we may not have had on our own radar screens.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@19richie66 well done sir.

As long as I can remember I've had a love for orchestras and big bands being combined with a rock group or song.

That is an absolutely fantastic rendition of that song.

• Excellent 2

19richie66
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

@19richie66 well done sir.

As long as I can remember I've had a love for orchestras and big bands being combined with a rock group or song.

That is an absolutely fantastic rendition of that song.

The entire performance is fantastic. These kids are great and Tommy Shaw still has it.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

a seldom remembered classic and underrated album that lives in my cd case.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

I live in Nashville and don't listen to country. I've worked a lot of country music shoots. I.E. videos tv and music set ups though. I prefer old rock and jazz.

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

. I prefer old rock and jazz.

Right there with you Randy