TJ

What Are You Listening To?

stevasaurus

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Give this one a minute to get into it.  Oldies!!

ztnoo

As Stevasaurus said.......

On 7/10/2017 at 7:25 PM, stevasaurus said:

Just because it is summer  :)

81pAGTj7KUL._SL1425_.jpg

81t9Y-0wUJL._SL1224_.jpg

71mDKZFCKzL._SL1425_.jpg

• Like 2

r356c

+1 for Manic Mechanic.

This Cheap Trick track is the best musical definition for Covfefe I can find.:banana-rock:

• Excellent 1

tunahead72

6wheeler mentioned these guys a (long) while back, but I don't believe anybody's posted any of their tunes, here's one of my all-time favorites:

• Like 3

tunahead72

I heard this on the radio yesterday...

• Like 3

TJ

clueless

On 7/10/2017 at 6:25 PM, stevasaurus said:

Just because it is summer  :)

Steve, down here on the coast during the summer we liked to sit at the beach bar listening to a little surf music. Here's Junior doing a medley. Crack one open an enjoy. 

• Like 1

little red riding horse

Been to see this band few times now, kinda like folk music on acid... link 

Phil

Digger 66

This girl is amazing .

• Like 2

Sarge

Man , losing Chris Cornell was like losing Greg Allman all over again - he's been on my playlist a lot lately and Sirius/XM can't play him enough to satisfy on the Lithium channel . Might dig out some Temple of the Dog for today's welding work on my utility trailer , along with Alice , of course...they do blend well together . The Bosch 50 watt work radio is getting beaten up lately, lol .

Sarge

tunahead72

Jerry Garcia passed away on this date in 1995....

I went through a period of mourning back then, listening to nothing but Grateful Dead tunes, it lasted for weeks at least.  I even made a cassette tape (remember those?) of some of my favorites for my then 5-year-old son.  He loved it, except at some point he asked me "Dad, why are you listening to so much Grateful Dead?", the implication being that he was ready to hear something different.  I think that shocked me (gently) out of my mourning.

I'm not one to name my vehicles or tractors, but my IH 686 is named Bertha.  She has a proper Steal Your Face sticker on the back of the seat, it makes me smile every time I see it. :)

Sarge

Yeah - I heard that date come up this morning on the radio - had an interesting experience on that day in the diesel shop I used to work at ...

Whole bus load of DeadHeads comes in , towed off the Interstate - transmission failed in the old '68 Chevy school bus they had , which of course , was totally decked out in a '60's paint scheme and mimicked one of Jerry's album covers . That job was a bear and they all had to stay in a local motel while we repaired the bus . Took a few days to get the parts and I was finishing up the trans work when they all walked in the door to check on the bus' progress . First thing that morning I had heard the announcement of Jerry's passing on the shop's radio and their enthusiasm about resuming their "chasing Jerry" tour it was obvious they had not heard the news ....

So , I rolled out from under the bus and tried very gently to break the news to the nearly 30 period-dressed Hippies - that did not go well . You would have thought I killed a whole litter of their puppies or something , all sad and angry at the same time - got called names I've never heard before , too . Owner/boss/friend comes out of the office to see what the heck was going on and by that time the tears started flowing , prayers flying at full volume and some dancing of sorts in a big circle around the bus - he looks at me like I dropped an atom bomb on a nursery - "wtf did you do ??"....lol .

I had to duck out of the crowd to let him know exactly what this meant to them and why they reacted so badly - these folks had been "chasing Jerry" for a lot of years - it was their life . We let them settle down a bit , finished their bus and sent them on their way to who knows where , the game was over . In the end I was their friend and even got a card sent to the shop thanking us for the work and understanding . I remember a few days later seeing the insanely painted bus on the news and even recognized a few at the ensuing gathering for Jerry's passing - it was a truly moving experience I'll never forget .

It's amazing how a song artist can create such a following - only to be taken away at a young age and putting such an effect on their fans - Jerry was truly one of a kind .

Sarge

• Like 4

tunahead72

As promised in the Basement the other day...

Our newly renovated local small town movie theater / concert venue celebrated the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival by showing a newly restored edition of the original movie this past Sunday.  I had seen the original movie early in my college career, but I realized pretty early Sunday that I didn't remember much of it for some reason(s).

My favorite part of course was the Jefferson Airplane set.  This one's from the movie:

• Like 1

Digger 66

Mr. Walter Becker passed away today .

Hats off to you sir , may you rest in peace !

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

r356c

Florida native, Molly Hatchet founding member and lead guitarist.

I even named a dog Molly back in the day.

R.I.P. Dave Hlubek.

Edit: A "new" Steely Dan Gaucho outtake album. A little rough in places but still pure Steely Dan. :)

R.I.P. Walter Becker.

Edit 2: Music for mild PTSD therapy? (Like hurricanes), Who knows...

There are worse choices than Steely Dan and Little Feat for inducing alpha brain waves via music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf8VP8t5nu4

Edited by r356c
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

ztnoo

• Like 3

tunahead72

I guess it's official that Tom Petty has passed away.  There's so much to say about the man and his music, I wouldn't have any idea where to start.  But I think it says something that it was my 20-year-old daughter who first told me yesterday afternoon that he was in serious physical trouble.  R.I.P. Tom, and thanks for all the good times! :music-guitarred:

This is one of my favorites from his early days with the Heartbreakers:

• Like 2

WHX??

Amen Tuna

r356c

Cassadaga (a Seneca Indian word meaning "Water beneath the rocks") is a small unincorporated community located in Volusia County, Florida, United States, just north of Deltona. It is especially known for having a large number of psychics and mediums, and has consequently been named the "Psychic Capital of the World".

I looked at a foreclosed home in Cassadaga, and the female realtor refused to show it because the town creeped her out. She sent a guy from the office instead. :laughing-rofl:

R.I.P. Tom Petty.

• Like 2

Sarge

Been a really rough year for musicians for sure - Tom will be missed from every genre he ever touched . Was always fond of his work with Stevie Nicks - what a paring . It does say a lot that even the younger generations were familiar with his work - he was one of my own daughter's favorites...

Sarge

WHX??

Hey Didn't @Racinbob live in Deltona?!?!? ...No wonder he is so psychic about :wh:! :lol:

• Haha 1

Racinbob
1 hour ago, WHX12 said:

Hey Didn't @Racinbob live in Deltona?!?!? ...No wonder he is so psychic about :wh:! :lol:

In regards to me I believe most folks would say the correct word is phycho :wacko:

• Haha 2

dodge78

• Like 2

r356c

Greta Van Fleet.  :text-goodpost:

Somewhat thunderstruck at their sound. :lol: