Sign in to follow this  
redhorse100

mower deck wheels

redhorse100

hi i got a raider 8 a few weeks back with a 36 inch rear discharge deck. it has white deck wheels on it and i never saw white ons on a deck. they look like push mower wheels but are about the same size as the red ones. in the sales catalog i have from 1972 they are all red. does anybody know if these wheels the white ones are the right ones or does it need the red ones thanks joe w

can whlvr

never seen any with white in all the picks here on the square,probally been replaced,they do wear out and the replacements arnt cheap,i just bought 2 today from stens,25 a peice,i only paid 50 bucks for the tractor with deck

redhorse100

i think they are the wrong ones also. ordered two stens with bolts on ebay for 38.00 free shipping thanks for the info joe w

JamesBe1

I am in need of new wheels and rollers for my 48" deck. I don't want to pay the markup for something that really shouldn't be all that expensive to begin with.

Anybody got any idea who the manufacturer(s) may be? I'd prefer to order direct from the source if possible.

Don1977

My 48" deck that i bought with my 1977 C-120 came with white wheels they were not any different then the later red ones . i bored out an old set and installed new brass bushings

and new bolts as the wheels were still good only the bore and bolt was worn out.

Here is a picture.

IMGP1477.jpg

tarcoleo

Both my 48" decks have been refitted with the following below. Mounting holes

on the deck were drilled out to 1/2 in. Company can supply axles with grease fittings

for these wheels The prices for these roller-bearing wheels can't be beat and they will

last forever.

http://www.castersan...eel-26-634.aspx

To get a line on the 1/2 in. axles with grease fittings supplied by this company, you

need to call them. Alternatively, the company below can supply them.

http://www.paysoncasters.com/components/bushings_axles.htm

Tom

kpinnc

Those are some great wheels Tom, and for $5.52 each you can't go wrong.

Anglo Traction

I also have a 36" Rear Discharge Deck (single front anti-scalp wheel) that came with my '74' C-120 (here in UK). It also has the white Wheels and I'm sure they are original.

Tankman

My side discharge deck has rubber wheels, steel rims with grease fittings. Red.

1973 1-0465.

Any idea of the manufacturer?

kpinnc

They sound like OEM wheels. There are dead-on copies of them available at TSC for about $9 each.

JamesBe1

They sound like OEM wheels. There are dead-on copies of them available at TSC for about $9 each.

I can live with that. There are tons of wheels on the tractor supply website.

Are these the ones you are referring to:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/arnold-reg-8-in-steel-wheel-60-lb-load-rating-4441177

BOWTIE

HELLO, I HAVE A 1975 B80 I BOUGHT NEW WITH 36" SD WITH GREASABLE WHITE WHEELS. I ALSO HAVE 1982 SK486 I BOUGHT NEW WITH 42" SD WITH RED PLASTIC NON-GREASABLE WHEELS.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

redhorse100

hi they look like the the ones from tractor supply i guess the white wheels came on some decks. will check out tractor supply thanks for info joe w

Doorvip

The tractor supply wheels are red and 6x 1.5 with the 1/2in bore. Little narrower than the stock wheels that are 6x1.75

http://www.tractorsupply.com/titan-casters-trade-6-in-x-1-5-wheel-with-symmetrical-steel-hub-3550096

JamesBe1

Was looking at the wheels at TSC when I was down there last. I was kinda disappointed. They all appeared to be cheap chinese knock-offs. Sure they were inexpensive, but I didn't think they would last very long.

There was no grease fittings on the size I was looking for. The manufacture seemed sloppy. The ball bearings in the cheap bearings were easily visible. I am sure they would quickly get plenty of dirt and grit in them and fail. I left the store empty handed.

I used to love TCS, but in the past year or two, they've gone walmart.

Sorry if I sound like a snob, I just prefer to buy products that keep my neighbors employed. Well, I try to anyhow. Sometimes it's cost prohibitive, or downright impossible. :(

redhorse100

i did not like the tsc wheels at all cheap plastic and would not even put on a push mower. i went with the stock wheel horse deck wheels. thanks joe w

hbrooks49

Went to look at TSC yesterday. I took one of my wheels with me and it looked like between the offset being different and length of the hole shorter they would be a bit problematic, did you have to make any modifications to make them fit or just add a spacer or multiple washers ??

123GO

Hello folks,

I have a 1976 B-100 with 36" SD deck that has the white deck wheels with grease zerks from factory. I looked at TSC red steel wheels as a replacement and thought they looked to cheap. I too believe the bearings would fall apart quick. But if they do Im wondering about being able to put bushings in them? Bushings of all sizes are available at most home stores.  I would need to remove the wheels and grease them for sevice since they have no zerks but if thats the down side it may be worth the savings?

But' I tried prying {not real hard} the old bushings out of my old wheels and it will take some real effort to get them out. I think the wheels would be destroyed afterwards. They pressed them in to stay and I noticed the new Toro replacement bushings are even welded in now. I dont see weld lines on my white ones but some red, some white wheels tell me they used different suppliers back then probably. Still on the fence on brand of replacement wheels here??  Cant believe the cost of the original wheels but they sure are tuff so it may be worth it not to go through the hassle of repairing cheap TSC wheels.

Those Phenolic {solid rubber} wheels Tarcoleo here mentioned may be the best aftermarket deal yet with 1200pnd load wt. That type of wheels used on high end shopping carts and the orange dolley carts like home depot has them, you pile heavy loads of lumber,concrete,tile ect..on those carts with no issues. They would be very very tuff.

Edited by 123GO

Sycoticca

I put the TSC ones on my deck (42" RD) on my 79 C-81... I got two seasons out of them before they literally fell apart...JUNK IMO.!!!!!!